Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Last Blast From Old Man Winter Keto/Sobriety Blog March 19, 2025

Weight: 338.2 lbs ( 153.4 kg)
BMI: 43.4
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Dinner: Tootin' Chili
Drinks: Kroger Seltzer, Sugar Free Monster, Sugar Free Red Bull

Keto Day 3
Sober Month 3 (Day 92)

YMCA: No

When I woke up this morning I debated again on going to the YMCA. I need to build the habit, but the wind is blowing pretty crazy. If I'm skipping going to the Y whenever it's blowing in KANSAS I'm never going to go. I stepped on the scale and I was the exact same weight as yesterday. So I was going to go as I have noticed that when I step on the scale before and after going to the gym, if there is any change at all, the weight is always lower. But then I checked the radar and if I would have gone to the Y it would have been snowing on my way home. It's not a very far walk, but walking there and then back while it was blowing snow that hard really didn't sound like a good idea. Or at least a good enough excuse to avoid going this morning.

The first day of spring is tomorrow and today seemed to be the last blast from old man winter. It was blowing like crazy, and while it did snow a bit, it was melted in a couple of hours. It was melted here anyway. It looks like in the western part of the state it really is piling up. It is crazy how it was 85 degrees (29 C) yesterday and today the high was 42 (5 C). I guess I should be glad that it was just windy with a little bit of sleet. Usually when there's a really big drop in weather like that there's a “run to the basement” style storm coming through.

It's easy to blame the weather, but I don't know if it was that or the fact that I've been on vacation for the last couple of days but I was NOT productive today. It was one of those days when I would blink and it would be several hours later.

I went back into the store to change out the D3 supplements for the D3+K2 and while I was there I went ahead and got the stuff to make Cheesy Chicken Chili some Tootn' Chili and the stuff to record a recipe video tomorrow while Roommate is at his doctor's appointment. I did go ahead and pick up a new coffee pot. I was going to save up to get one of those Keurig pots that have both the single pods and the carafe. So I could have the choice between having a single cup of coffee or an entire pot of coffee. But I was really wanting coffee. So I just picked up a $20 coffee pot from the store.

I was stunned when I checked out because the stuff to make three recipes, coffee, coffee pot, 3 steaks, BBQ Sauce, and some seasonings, came out to $210. That's $210 on top of the $162 that I spent yesterday. I really, REALLY need to convince myself this coming up Tuesday that I've already bought groceries for the rest of the month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025