Keto Sobriety Blog Monday September 28, 2026

Weight: 302.6 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: Smithfield Pork Loin, Queso, Pork Rinds Dinner: Member's Mark Hot Dogs Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy Sober Year 1 (Day 642) Keto Month 7 (Day 211) (254/365 Days 2026 Keto) My ankles and knees were a whole lot happier when I was on vacation. Later in the evening my right knee felt like if I were able to move it right it would make a really nasty pop. Weight has been kind of trickling up the last couple of days. Slightly annoyed that it' was under 300 lbs for one day and then the next several days it moved back up. Not in a concerning amount each day, just in the direction that I didn't want it to move. I was able to get up to make breakfast before work. Got a bit distracted while cooking so the bacon was a little more crispy than I'd prefer. Really trying to think of what to write for the day. I was carryout for most of...

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday March 21, 2026

Weight: 314.2 lbs ( 142.5 kg)
BMI: 40.3
Waist: 53 in ( 134.6 cm)
WtHr: 71.6%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs  
Snack: Cashews
Lunch: Paleo Keto Gumbo  
Dinner: Bratwursts
Drinks: Salted Apple Cider Coffee, Kroger Seltzer, Monster

Sober Year 1 (Day 458)
Keto Week 2 (Day 21) (65/365 Days 2026 Keto)

Whoohoo! Down under “progress goal” again! Still kind of soon to call that goal “beaten” Waistline is still being stubborn. But that's okay, I'm stubborn too. It is exciting to be under the weight that I haven't been since 2015. And it is really fun to see the “Average Change” on the “Full Weight Tracking and Projection” spreadsheet to be in the red.

I think today is going to hurt. I am scheduled to work 10 am to 8 pm. Lunch is at 3pm which is 5 hours into the day then I come back for four more hours. I'm sure that it'll go smoothly and I'm trying not to amp myself up for the negative, but today is going to be a LONG day.

The CSM and her back up were both there this morning when I got to work and was able to ask what was going on with next week's hours. CSM declared that it was just an oversight and she promised that they'll make sure that in the future I'll get full 8 hour days. She reinforced that I was not in trouble for anything, they just messed up the schedule for this next week. That's reassuring, but doesn't fix the hours for next week. They asked the guy in charge of the Online Pickup Order Department to see if there were any hours there that I could have. There wasn't, but one of the ladies working in Customer Service said that I could have some of her hours. I didn't ask for her hours she volunteered them to me. This week's paycheck is paying the bills and the week after next will be the paycheck that pays the rent and I'm good if I would have had a lower paycheck anyway. I was just really concerned about having a schedule that was only 34 hours. With the hours I picked up I'll only have 37.5 hours next week. But at least that the lower hours should only be a mistake and not something that I should budget for.

Second half of the day went by pretty smoothly. But I could feel myself fading by the end of the night. I was glad that Assistant CSM was the person closing the desk this evening as I was pretty much done by the end of the night. I made it clear that I wasn't complaining about having hours as we already had a conversation about not having enough hours, but I was curious as to why today and next Saturday I was scheduled for 9 hours. She said that the hours that the store gets for Saturday is 10 am to 8 pm so we need to have a Supervisor from 10am to 8pm. Normally they would have somebody work some of that and another person the other part. But recently they had some people quit so there wasn't enough people to go around to split that up so I was “lucky” enough to get that the entire day. But hey I need the hours.

After work I was glad that all I needed to do for dinner was to put some bratwursts into the oven. Typing slowly and making a lot of mistakes. I need the hours, but working nine hours SUCKS!!

Hey, three weeks Keto. It seems to be a lot more effective than previous attempts. Not sure if adding the Apple Cider Vinegar to the morning coffee is the reason or just because I'm doing better at it then previous attempts. 

This is an early post, but I'm tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025