Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Keto/Sobriety Blog April 13, 2025

Weight: 335.2 lbs ( 152 kg)
BMI: 43
Waist: 57 in (144.8 cm)
WtHr: 77%

Breakfast: Pork Steak and Eggs
Lunch: Broccoli Soup
Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Kroger Seltzer, Sugar Free Monster, Sugar Free Red Bull

Keto Week 3 (Day 22)
Sober Month 3 (Day 116)

YMCA: No

Good drop in weight. Resetting back to a couple of days ago. So back to making progress for the month. Feet really hurt this morning. They stopped hurting as I got up and moving around.

As I was leaving for work (dressed, so I know it wasn't a dream) I noticed that the windows were down a bit. I hurriedly thought if it had rained last night. I don't think that it did. I'm sure that I had just left them down a bit because of the great weather we've been having the last couple of days.

On the way to work I am starting to wonder if the sensor on the traffic light is working or not. I was sitting at the light for quite a while and it only turned green when a car came from the other way.

What was really making me nervous was that I had the windows down as I drove to work and when I got to the store I tried rolling the windows back up. The drivers side window came up just fine. But I noticed that the passenger side window was still down. So I activated the switch and it started going up. It went up about three quarters, and then started going back down. It is an automatic switch, so if I activate the switch it should go up all of the way on it's own. Activating the switch again it did the same thing. It only went all of the way up when I held onto the switch, but even then it seemed to have a hard time deciding if it wanted to go up or down. When I described it to the lady in Customer Service she said that it seems like the motor is going out. Looking it up on Google it looks like $400-$600 repair. At least the car isn't going to explode if the window isn't working properly. But come on! The Bluetooth hasn't connected in over a year. Looking that up could cost $50, or it could cost $500 depending on what's actually happening with it.

I tested it at lunch, and on the way home from work and the window was working just fine. I guess it would be the perfect thing for the “Project Savings” account. But the question that remains is if I can ever get “Bill Savings” saved up enough to the level where I have the next month's bills paid for? Honestly that's just the goal right now. I'm just wanting to have enough money to have the next round of bills already planned and saved for. And not just waiting for a paycheck to pay for them.

The employee restrooms are down again today. Rumor is that people are constantly flushing paper towels. At least the customer restrooms are still functioning. It would suck to go four or five hours without going to the restroom.

I swear that the freaking simulation is breaking down. Before lunch I saw three older people approach each other. All three stopped talking T-Posed, turned on their heel, they all took three steps and then started walking normally.

A frustration today was that every week they want me to read off a “Friendliness Huddle” to everybody. But the frustration is that they want me to read it to everybody, “In between customers” but there never is a “between customers” it was just a giant stream of customers the entire day. And the few times it did slow enough for me to read it to people, everybody was scattered to the winds. Sure, in theory, I could read it to everybody individually, but I would feel like that would ruin their intention of having a "huddle"

It was quite warm today. It was nice that it wasn't freezing outside, but eighties nineties in April makes me anxious about August.  

I didn't deal with him but there was a guy getting angry at the front desk. He was returning a carpet shampooer, he was upset that they weren't refunding his deposit that has to payed when he rented it. There is a $40 deposit when you rent the machine. It is a 24 hour rental. He had it for 3 weeks. And he was getting cranky because he wasn't getting the deposit back. Well, a timely return is a part of the reason for the deposit. And the reason that they're starting to enforce the deposit. 

For some reason I keep thinking that April 13th has some significance. Like something big happened on this day in history. But I just can't think of it. Strange

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025