Keto Sobriety Blog July 19, 2026

Weight: 303.7 lbs ( 137.7 kg)
BMI: 39.0
Waist: 52.5 in ( 133.4 cm)
WtHr: 70.9%

Breakfast: X
Lunch: Smithfield Pork Loin
Dinner: KC Strip Steak
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water,

Sober Year 1 (Day 577)
Keto Month 4 (Day 138) (188/365 Days 2026 Keto)

That's a good drop in the weight today. Almost back to making progress for the year.

I really didn't do anything before work this morning. I got the feeling that I was supposed to be doing something. But I couldn't figure out what it was. I did think about having breakfast. It is kind of funny as I was thinking that there was a quite a long time when I was doing TMAD, but back then I wasn't doing Keto as I was having Fried Chicken for lunch and Hamburger Helper (not sponsored) for dinner and then skipping breakfast. When I learned about Keto and was trying that diet I started having Bacon and Eggs for breakfast each day and then had a recipe for lunch, and then for dinner. That eventually evolved into having bacon and eggs for breakfast, a recipe for lunch, and then a meat for dinner. The latest thing that I've been trying is skipping breakfast, having a meat for lunch, and then a meat for dinner. I do kind of miss the recipes that I cooked for lunch.

I didn't have to cook lunch today as I had cooked the pork loin yesterday and had half yesterday and half today. It didn't look like it was enough so I picked up a container of Cottage Cheese to go with. I picked up some pepper to go with as the break room had ran out and I use A LOT of pepper in my cottage cheese so I'll keep the pepper in my locker.

It was swamped busy all day long today. One of the carryouts kept commenting about how he was surprised that it was busy as it was a Sunday. There is always an after church rush, however that rush seemed to stretch for the entire day. This kid was just useless. He spent the entire day up at the service desk just chatting to the guy working the desk. I had to constantly tell him to do bits of his job. He would half-assedly do part of it and then go back up to the desk and start chatting again. He's one of those kids that would probably suffocate if there wasn't someone there to constantly tell him to breathe.

A positive thing is that I managed to clean out the charging port of my phone. I used the pin of my name tag. Online it is heavily discouraged of doing things like this as if you're not careful you can damage the charge port. But after using the name tag pin to scrape the inside of the charge port, and smacking the phone down on the register (probably another less than encouraged activity) some black powder came out of the charge port and the charge cable was able to fit into the hole and it was able to charge. I did think about going over to Verizon to see if they have any kind of charge port cleaning utensils or service. But then again I get the feeling that if I went in there with a phone that would still kind of charge I'd walk out with a new phone and a 36 month payment plan.

The main frustration today was that the closing cashier was supposed to come into work at 2:30, but at 2:15 she called the store claiming that her parents cars were broken down and she didn't have a way to get to the store, so she wasn't coming in. Just about everybody who was related the story asked if there was anybody who could go pick her up. But no, she decided she wasn't going to come in. When calling and asking around the customer service guy called one of the cashiers that the kid calling in was friendly with and they said that the lady who called in told her that she wasn't coming in because it was her sister's birthday and she now doesn't feel good. Nobody wanted to come in to work. So the guy closing the service desk agreed to stay an hour after closing the desk to cover the closing cashier, but that left an hour after I was supposed to go home that still needed covered. I agreed to stay late, I'll probably get griped at for overtime that I'll need to try to get off over the week. But I didn't see any other options. But for most of the day we really didn't have a supervisor as I had to be on the register. 

While I was checking I noticed that there were quite a few people coming through with markdown steaks. So I picked one up for myself. I probably shouldn't have spent the $12 on a steak, but it seemed like a good idea.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025