Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Keto/Sobriety Blog May 7, 2025

Weight: 333.6 lbs ( 151.3 kg)
BMI: 42.8
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Baked Chicken
Dinner: Bratwursts
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Kroger Seltzer, Sugar Free Monster,

Keto Month 1 (Day 46)
Sober Month 4 (Day 140)

Woke up with what felt like a hangover. I don't know if it was seasonal allergies acting up or maybe because I didn't eat dinner last night. But it felt like I took a baseball bat upside my head when I woke up this morning. Headache really didn't fade over the day.

Had a strange moment when I was unwrapping the container of eggs that I bought yesterday. I buy the 60 pack thing of eggs as it lasts me a couple of weeks. With the 4 eggs and 4 strips of bacon that I have for breakfast. As I was unwrapping the plastic around the bundle one of the eggs fell out and I noticed that another egg inside of it was broken. That's when I noticed that the cardboard insert was put in upside down. At first I thought I had somehow flipped the package over before cutting the plastic off of it, but no there were three cardboard inserts in the package and they were all three in opposite directions. You'd think with the drama around eggs lately they'd be careful about how they packaged them.

I'm thinking about changing up the strategy on lunches. It'll take a couple of weeks to catch up to doing that though. The current plan was to have bacon and eggs (or something similar for breakfast) a meat for dinner (Steak, brats, pork chops etc.) and for lunch I'd cook up a range of casseroles and soups to make a meal plan for the week. The problem with that plan was that I was constantly overfilling the freezer. And then when I started getting low on the variety of recipes I would feel forced to spend more money on buying more food, even though I had a freezer full of food. I have enough “lunches” to avoid buying lunch for the next four weeks so that will save money for that amount of time. The plan after I get through the lunches that I have in the freezer is to buy the stuff to make a soup or casserole for the week and since those usually have about six to eight servings I'll have that for lunch for the week. This plan seems familiar, I'm not sure if I've tried it before and if I did do this before I'm not sure why it failed, maybe I just didn't stick to it for long enough. The only drawback that I can think of on that plan is, “Yeah. I made a pot of that soup, but am I in the mood for that soup? And have that soup...Again?” “I had that casserole yesterday for lunch, and I'll have that today for lunch, and then tomorrow for lunch.” but then again, I didn't have that issue when I was having Fried Chicken literally every...single...day for lunch

I came up with that plan after I did grocery shopping yesterday and I had already had the stuff to make Basic Chili so I went ahead and made that pot. I was going to make it yesterday, but never got around to it. I was going to make it for lunch today, but I was in a pretty sluggish mood all day. I did finally get it cooked up but by the time it would have been done it would have been a quite a late lunch, even for me.

Grandma asked my uncle and I to help her move a chair for her. She was nice enough to give me a $20 for gas money. I used some of that to buy some coffee and a couple of cases of seltzer water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025