Keto Sobritey Blog Wednesday August 5, 2026

Weight: 301.5 lbs ( 136.8 kg) BMI: 38.7 Waist: 51.0 in ( 129.5 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Sausage Eggs Cheese Lunch: Johnsonville Double Cheddar Smoked Sausages Dinner: Member's Mark Hot Dogs Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 592) Keto Month 5 (Day 158) (203/365 Days 2026 Keto) Didn't sleep very well last night. There was a strange muscle soreness on my front left lower belly. And had a hard time finding a position to lay that didn't aggravate that soreness. It hurt less today than it did yesterday, but I woke up this morning with a headache and a lot of general muscle soreness. I wonder if that general unwellness that I had this morning was dehydration as after having coffee and some of the sparkling water I felt better. That was a really good weight this morning. Only 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg) away from the lowest so far this year. And the waist is down. Pretty sure that this matches the record for the year.  Had sausage patties with the eg...

Keto Sobriety Blog Tuesday August 4, 2026

Weight: 302.7 lbs ( 137.3 kg)
BMI: 38.9
Waist: 52.5 in ( 133.4 cm)
WtHr: 70.9%

Breakfast: Rib-Eye Steak and Eggs
Lunch: Pork Steak
Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties
Drinks: Monster, Sparkling Water,

Sober Year 1 (Day 591)
Keto Month 5 (Day 157) (202/365 Days 2026 Keto)

Had a bit of a hard time falling asleep last night. I think I had too many energy drinks again yesterday. Kind of that feedback loop I'm tired so I drink energy drinks all day, so I don't sleep right, so I am tired the next day, so I buy too many energy drinks the next day. I'm not going to go full decaffeinated, but I do think I'll try to cut down on how many I drink a day. Especially as I had a couple of cans today and I felt no effect from them.

Another thing that probably made me tired was the fact that I finally got around to getting to the DMV to get my Drivers License updated. It wasn't going to expire for another 5 years, but the credit card applications have a line that ask about Physical Address. And I would hate it if I were to apply for a card saying my new address and they look it up and somehow it starts drama about how I'm supposedly living in two different addresses and somehow makes them think that I'm trying to steal my own identity or something. I woke up early, for me, and I didn't have any coffee before heading out of the door.

I didn't make an appointment for the DMV so I had to wait for an opening between people who did make appointments. It took pretty close to two hours sitting there. There was a family who had at least three girls documents and they had another little kid that was running around, not quite screaming, but she was active. Not hating on the little one, but she was a three year old sitting in an office for close to two hours that I was there and they were still there when I left. I did kind of feel bad for one of the attendants as she was from the another county and she had to call everybody who made an appointment at the other county's office to tell them that their office was closed as their Air Conditioner had gone out and they could walk into our county's office or go to a third county's office, I would really have to be on either end of those phone calls.

After the DMV I ran by the store to restock the energy drinks that I keep in my locker. (I hadn't thought of curtailing the energy drinks at the time) But I did find a Rib-Eye that was on markdown that I decided to have for “breakfast” I was thinking that was a really big steak so I was going to have steak and eggs for “brunch” However as the day went on energy levels just kept going lower and lower. I decided to have a pork steak for lunch to see if that would help.

There was a strange soreness in the lower left front side of my torso. It didn't hurt unless I moved too much or breathed in too deeply. Not sure if I slept wrong or twisted too hard or something, but I had to be careful all day. I was nervous for a bit, but I realized that the appendix is on the right side, so I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens. 

I forgot to do laundry today. I'll have to do it tomorrow. I was also thinking of going by the car tag office tomorrow to update the address on the car tags also. I've actually been wanting to do that for the last couple of weeks, but last week I was wiped out after talking to the bank and this week I was wiped out after dealing with the DMV. Not sure why I was so tired today, it made sense to be mentally exhausted after talking to the bank about that subject, but at the DMV I just had to tell them my new address and get a picture taken. 

I did ride along with Mom and Grandma as Mom took Grandma to vote in the Primary Election that was today. I didn't vote myself as I just registered to vote this morning. I don't think I'd be able to vote on much anyway as I'm "unaffiliated" and this was a primary election where each party is choosing their candidate and as I don't have a party I wouldn't be able to choose the party candidates. There was also something going on with the Kansas Supreme Court. I've been too busy to look into that too much so I don't really have an opinion on how that works out. 

Kind of dozed for most of the day. Was trying to think of a way to suggest to Mom that we have Cheeseburgers for dinner. But she brought it up first.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025