Keto Sobriety Blog Tuesday August 18, 2026

Weight: 299.7 lbs ( 135.9 kg)
BMI: 38.5
Waist: 51.0 in ( 129.5 cm)
WtHr: 68.9%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs https://youtu.be/l5bQ0Y0FXWQ
Lunch: Air Fried Bratwursts
Dinner: Pork Steak
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy

Sober Year 1 (Day 605)
Keto Month 5 (Day 171) (216/365 Days 2026 Keto)

Under 300 lbs. Kind of processing the 12 years it has been since the last time I started the body weight number with a “2” Trying to shut down the idea that all of that time was just wasted. Not going to expand on that thought as that thought gets pretty dark.

A couple of days ago Step-Dad asked me why I was so hesitant to try a GLP-1 treatment. I'm just hesitant to try things that intentionally mess up the bodies hormones. I do seem to be making progress just with the Ketovore diet. And I don't see a reason, right now, to try to do extra shortcuts on something that I'm already making progress on. If I did the treatments would I make even more progress? More than likely, but why tempt the “Law of Unintended Consequences”? Step-Dad uses a version to treat his Diabetes and Mom has another version for weight loss and she's been seeing a lot of progress. I know that they've been around for a couple of decades and I'm sure that there's plenty of data out on them and their safety, but something tells me that I'm better off doing this naturally. Not hating on people who do use them, I just don't feel that they're for me.

Got an email from the credit card company to finish up setting up (saying it that way seems redundant) I guess the deposit was finally processed, now just to wait the two to three weeks for the physical card to come in. A strange thing in setting up the card is that it really wants me to set up an additional user for the card. I don't see a reason to want or need another person to use my credit card. But it keeps saying, “Hey, there's one more step! Just choose your Authorized User!”

Played some Fallout New Vegas. I finished finding all of the skill books scattered through the wasteland. I decided to play another one of the DLC's for the game. It says that your character has to be at least level 15 to play that expansion. My character is level 35 so I thought it'd be a breeze as in game enemies don't scale with the player. But this DLC is kicking my ass. Most of the character stats are almost maxed out and I have high level weapons and armor, but the enemies, again, are bullet sponges and just poor out damage. I constantly have to take healing items and do save scumming, where after every enemy encounter I quicksave so I don't have to fight that enemy again. Not sure how they expect somebody to do this at level 15. Unless you're really not expected to stand and fight each bad guy, perhaps they expect you to run and hide?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025