Keto Sobriety Blog Thursday September 3, 2026
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Weight: 308.0 lbs ( 139.7 kg)
BMI: 39.5
Waist:
50.5 in ( 128.3 cm)
WtHr: 68.2%
Breakfast:
Bar-S Hot Dogs
Snack: Cashews
Lunch: Pork Steak, Cottage Cheese
Dinner:
Member's Mark Hot Dogs
Drinks: Monster,
Sparkling Water,
Sober Year 1 (Day 617)
Keto Month 6 (Day 186)
(231/365 Days 2026 Keto)
That was a really rather disappointing weight this morning. I'm trying to keep a one day weight get me down too much. But I haven't had a number like that since the first half of July. That had put me in a bit of a mood and in a hurry so I didn't remember to measure the waist. It doesn't change much so I'll guess on that.
I was scheduled to work 8 to 5 today. I was a bit nervous about showing up to work that early as I'm usually waking up at 8am and they needed me to BE there at 8am. I had set several alarms on my phone. They say that it's more effective to set one alarm and jump up and out on that first alarm. But I don't have a lot of confidence in relying in one alarm to get me up. Mom naturally gets up considerably earlier than I do and when the first alarm went off at around 6am I turned it off and laid back down. I heard her from her crafts room say, “I heard your alarm go off did you go back to sleep?” I was laying there I hadn't gone back to sleep...yet. I was waiting for more alarms to go off. But laying there felt pointless so I did decide to get up. Or I kind of got up. I was sitting here at the computer. Today was payday so I spent a lot of time telling myself that I was updating spreadsheets, but I really was just kind of sitting here. I didn't have time for breakfast so when I went in I grabbed a pack of hot dogs to eat before work.
I was in the desk for most of the day and wow was it busy. It is the beginning of the month so a WHOLE LOT of people were doing bill pays and money orders. I had a major freak out when an old man asked for money off of his card. He was wanting almost $4,000 in cash off of his card. That is doable, but at 8 O'clock in the morning the customer service pans just aren't going to have that much money in them. So I counted out all of the large bills, needed more, so I counted through all of the $20's, still needed more, counted through all of the $10's, still needed more, counted through the $5's, still not enough, so I went to the money recycler to get more money out, but when I asked for money out of there it ran out of money before it got all that was asked for, I didn't realize that so when I started counting the additional money there wasn't enough there so I looked at the machine and that's when I saw that it had just given out a partial amount. So instead of trying to count through the almost $4,000 dollars of mixed currency while already frazzled. I thought I'd run the money through the bill counter to see how much was there and how much I still needed to get out for him. But I guess there's a new feature on the bill counter that whenever it detects a different denomination of bill it says, “Denomination change” and stops counting until you pick up the money out of the counter, but then when you put more money in it starts over again. Thankfully the Assistant Customer Service Manager was there and counted out the money for the guy and determined how much more to loan the guy. We had to loan it out in $20's instead of $100's because we just didn't have any more. But then we figured out while I was freaking out about loaning out from the machine I loaned the money to the wrong register so for the rest of the day one of the registers was calling for a pickup when it already was low on money. I had an idea on how to fix it, but every time that happens and I try to "fix" it I end up messing it up more. I don't know why somebody would want that much cash on their person. But since we gave so much money to one guy we had to turn down other people who were wanting to withdraw from their cards. Of course the only people who saw the "No Check cashing, or Cash Back" sign were people who asked if they could still buy money orders or buy lottery tickets.
Adding to the frustration was that there was a new guy that I was supposed to be working with to help train. He wasn't doing badly, he was just new and needed coaching on some things, but I was trying to coach him on things while the customer he was helping was yelling at him to do things, while the customer I was helping was yelling at me becasue I wasn't helping them.
I got off at 5pm, but when I got off of work I sat down and zoned out. Mom was at my Niece's volleyball game. I kept telling myself that I just need to get started on...then the brain just didn't proceed to do anything. I did bake a pork loin to have for lunch over the next two days. I was finishing up doing dishes and cooking hot dogs when Mom got home. She wasn't feeling well so I had the hot dogs by myself.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment