Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Keto Sobriety Blog Friday September 18, 2026

Weight: 303.1 lbs ( 137.5 kg)
BMI: 38.9
Waist: 50.5 in ( 128.3 cm)
WtHr: 68.2%

Breakfast: Sausage Patties, Cheese, and Eggs
Lunch: No Bean Chili
Cottage cheese
Dinner: Pork Steak cooked in Onions and Peppers
Drinks: Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy

Sober Year 1 (Day 632)
Keto Month 6 (Day 201) (246/365 Days 2026 Keto)

I worked 9am to 6pm today so I set some alarms to wake myself up as I usually wake up at 8am and if I woke up normally I would have to jump up and run out of the door.

I didn't have time again to have any coffee. I did have time to cook a couple of the sausage patties and eggs. I don't know if there's a whole lot of time difference in cooking the sausage patties or cooking bacon. But I figured that the sausage was quicker. I only managed to finish eating before I had to run out of the door.

I was in the desk for the majority of the day. There were some moments of frustration as people seemed to be in a rush so a lot of people would quickly yell out what they were wanting, and people behind them in line would also yell out orders. I was really unnerved when the closing cashier called in, “sick” A bit suspicious that she called in “sick” the second Friday of the State Fair. Yeah, sure kid. A coworker that used to work at a McDonald's (not sponsored) told me that if anybody called in sick during the fair they'd be immediately fired. But the store REALLY doesn't like firing people. Not that I'm calling for her to be fired, it would just be nice if people met any consequences for not showing up for work. Thankfully the guy I worked with in the desk agreed to stay late. Unfortunately that left the desk understaffed on a Friday so that kept me pretty hopping all day. More than one person told me that it was busy and we needed more help. They would get frustrated that I would agree with them, but I didn't have anything that I could do about it.

I was going to try to avoid buying anything at all today. However at lunch I had the idea of having Cottage cheese in the serving of chili that I had brought for lunch and I couldn't shake the idea of it. It was a good combination. Confused a coworker as she kept asking if it was lasagna or something like that. Nope, it was just a serving of chili with some cottage cheese mixed in.

I'll be really glad when it gets cool enough to take out these damn little flies flying everywhere. They seem to be obsessed with my eyes, ears, and nose.

Mom cooked some Pork Steaks for dinner this evening. She often cooks them in Salsa, but I guess she decided to go with onions and peppers, skipping out on the tomatoes this evening. Mom noticed that I was limping a bit, and my left heel was in a bit of pain. Not to a debilitating degree, but the left foot really wasn't happy this evening after work. She suggested that it might be time for some new shoes. She might have a point. I had bought the current pair back in January and it's now mid/late September.  

I was typing this up when I realized that today was indeed Friday and I want to share a store story video on YouTube. I just about forgot. The “story” was voicing a frustration that I have with people. People would get confused about if my register is open or not after I offer to ring up their order. Not particularly confident in that video. I'm not sure if I got my point across. Because a light being turned off is a good indicator that the register is open. And I want to be clear that asking is a legitimate question, but the repeated followup asking is kind of annoying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025