Keto Sobriety Blog Sunday September 20, 2026

Weight: 304.6 lbs ( 138.2 kg)
BMI: 39.1
Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm)
WtHr: 68.9%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: No Bean Chili
 Hot Dogs
Dinner: Pork Steak
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water,

Sober Year 1 (Day 634)
Keto Month 6 (Day 203) (246/365 Days 2026 Keto)

I didn't get the post done last night (Saturday) as I had worked later than usual and by the time I had “recovered” from work it was too late to write a post. I did try to read a little bit. Read the chapter where Oliver Twist made his way to London. Which was kind of interesting because I had always thought that the entire book took place in London. Charles Dickens had obscured the starting city so I had just assumed that London was where he started out at. But it took Oliver a couple of days of walking to get there. And I just read that one chapter and when he got to London he was found by another kid who I'm assuming is one of the thieves that the story is known for recruiting little Oliver.

I am on vacation this week and when I woke up this morning Mom told me that she was intending for me to help with her new property across the street as there does seem to be quite a bit of work to do. She said that I'll be busy all week long. I was hoping that she was wanting me to work on it as an area next to Grandpa's old shop had caught my attention. I've had a decades old grudge against some of the growth next to the old shop. Every year Grandma has me put up her Christmas lights and some Trees of Paradise (? Google corrects to Tree of Heaven) grew up next to the shop making it hard to put up the lights. And the area on the northern side of the shop had what looked like a bunch of dead twigs gunking up the entire area. Mom said that Grandpa had once intended to grow some lavender in that area and it didn't grow up in the way that he intended to and it got out of hand. However when I got to it today I was surprised how much of it was actually still live growth. The entire area looked like dead twigs, well except for the poison ivy that Mom pointed out to me. But when trying to grab up what looked like the dead twigs there were still strong root growth. There was quite a bit of dead branches and twigs in the area, but it wasn't nearly as much as it looked. I had gotten to it before Mom got out to it. She had saw me bringing some branches out to a pile that I had started. She told me that I didn't need to start a new pile as there were plenty of piles already.

Mom hired her cousin's husband, who has a landscaping company, and access to a machine known as a composter. It looked like a small bulldozer that had a grater on the front of it instead of the usual pushing blade. That little tractor worked pretty efficiently to take down quite a bit of the tree line that trisected the property. It was a strange range of emotions when I heard Mom say that she was wanting to take out most of the trees in the protruding tree row. That tree row had been there as long as I had known. That was just always the edge of “Grandma's house” even though the property wasn't hers. It was the undeveloped property next door. The big tree that was left out of the old tree row I had named the “Snake Tree” when I was little I had saw a snake crossing the road and Grandpa told me that it was going to the trees. So growing up that was the tree where snakes were, and that was NOT where I was going to be.

I had some chili with some hot dogs cut up in it for lunch.

Mom and Step-Dad had both told me that the riding lawn mower would make quick work of what I was working on. So I cleared out a good chunk of the loose material. I noticed that there were some leaves back inside of Grandma's garage and there were some weeds growing up through the cracks on her driveway. So I grabbed a hoe that was in her garage and carved up the weeds growing through the cracks and was sweeping the leaves up. But Step-Dad pointed out that Mom has a leaf-blower. That was a handy tool while the battery lasted. I chased some leaves and dust around to Grandma's back patio and saw that there was a good chunk of grasses growing up around on her patio so I thought I'd go ahead and clean that off for her. 

Mom fried some Pork Steaks for herself and for Step-Dad, as she fries those rolled in flour she baked one for me so I could avoid the carbs in the flour. I did feel kind of guilty that she took a separate step just to humor me. But it wasn't a really big step.

It is kind of ironic that I'm on "vacation", but I'm doing more than when I'm at work. But it is nice to have something to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025