Keto Sobriety Blog Friday September 4, 2026

Weight: 307.8 lbs ( 139.6 kg)
BMI: 39.5
Waist: 50.5 in ( 128.3 cm)
WtHr: 68.2%

Breakfast: Johnsonville Double Cheddar Smoked Sausages
Lunch: Pork Loin, Pork Rinds, Queso
Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties
Drinks: Monster, Sparkling Water,

Sober Year 1 (Day 618)
Keto Month 6 (Day 187) (232/365 Days 2026 Keto)

Weight was a little down this morning, not enough to get that excited about. I think the scale knows that I changed the goal so it has to mess with me for a while.

Today again I worked a little earlier than I usually do so I didn't have time to have coffee or the usual breakfast, I did have time to duck in a few minutes early to grab a pack of sausages.

I have to say that the first half of the day was NOT what I was expecting. Today was the first Friday of the month, the weekend of a Major holiday, and the State Fair is coming to town next week. I was expecting to be running ragged all day long. But for the most part during the first half people just kind of trickled in. I was REALLY careful how I counted out payments and did loans with how much I messed up yesterday, but everything went smoothly and there was a surprising amount of standing around.

I had brought the pork loin with me for lunch, but I was craving something crunchy so I picked up a bag of pork rinds and a jar of queso. I should have known better as, per usual, after I was done eating I drank a can of monster and I felt the pork rinds absorbing all of the energy drink and I felt my belly expanding. The sensation didn't last very long, but I had some pretty glorious burps after lunch.

It really picked up during the second half. I'm thinking that it was the after school rush. I was still in the desk for the entire day and it wasn't that crazy at the desk, but the registers were packed. I'm going to guess that tomorrow is going to be pretty active also. Kind of glad that I'm bouncing back and forth between the desk and being a carryout and not running the Self Checkout or Supervisor at all tomorrow.

After work I helped Grandma set up her new remote. She had lost her last remote so she decided to buy a new one. I'm not sure how much she looked for her old remote or if it was worn out, but I am always glad to help her out. However I was getting pretty close to seeing how far I could throw that new remote because it said that it had a “auto programming” feature so you didn't have to type in the code for the TV you could just let the remote scan for a nearby device and it'll just work. Well, the Auto Programming steps worked in the manner that it'd turn on and off the TV, but none of the other buttons would work and none of the steps that I tried to follow would work. She had the codes for the TV that came in the last remotes packaging so I thought I'd go ahead and just try the code for the TV, and it worked on the first try. I'm pretty sure that I spent 20 minutes trying to get the auto scan to work and it really was just a matter of pushing about five or six buttons.

Mom and Step-Dad had hamburger patties for dinner and that sounded like a good idea so I followed suit. Step-Dad asked me if I needed him to pick me up anything when he went on his biweekly shopping trip. But it's hard to think of anything after eating and being tired after work. He suggested that he picked up some more pork loins, which I do appreciate. 

I still haven't gotten around to do any more reading. A little disappointed in myself that I haven't picked up the book in days. I do want to read more, but I am using the excuse that I have to work early a lot this week, but I'm still staying up just as late as before so that kind of falls apart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025