Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Rough Start to the Month Daily Blog March 1, 2023

Weight: 335.8 lbs ( 152.3 kg)
BMI: 43.1
Waist: 55 in ( 139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Village Inn Chicken Fried Steak, eggs, Biscuits and Gravy, hash-browns
Lunch: Johnsonville Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages, Sparkling Water
Dinner: Hamburger patties, Chips
Drinks: 2L Pepsi Wild Cherry Zero

    Today was the last day the roommate was in town and I had to pick him up from him dropping off the truck he was renting. He suggested that we go to Village Inn for breakfast. And all of the way from the rental place to the restaurant I was thinking I just need to order off of the Al Le Carte section of the menu. But when we got there I chickened out from ordering anything fancy. And it's been quite some time since I've had a chicken fried steak. The waitress asked me if I wanted pancakes or biscuits and gravy. And it's been a REALLY long time since I've had “Shit on a shingle” And those were really good buttermilk biscuits (still crappy hash-browns) so breakfast was not Keto, like at all. I was trying to explain this thought to my roommate, but I think he was misunderstanding what I was saying because he tried to agree that the quality of the food wasn't very good. I would say that it was mostly good quality food, just not very Ketogenic

    The Johnsonville sausages were kind of alright for a Keto lunch. I had lost track of time during the first half of my shift so I was kind of surprised when the lady from customer service asked me if I was going to lunch when I was stepping away to use the restroom. I noted that when I got up from eating lunch my legs felt stiff and painful. This didn't happen when I was doing good on Keto. There were days when they'd be like that when I first wake up in the morning. But after lunch was only when I was sitting down for 45 minutes or so.

    It was stomped busy all day long today. It was the first of the month and it seemed that everyone with SNAP were in the store to spend every cent that they were given. I was often reminded of a video I saw last week which featured a former lobbyist who used to work for Coca-cola and he said that about 40% of all soda sales were paid for by using food stamps. I did a bit of googling just now to try to verify that and I found out that 10% of all SNAP benefits are used on soda. And that is data straight from the USDA. That was a report from 2016  , but I can't imagine that it's gotten much better. If it were up to me I'd re-categorize a good number of foods as “Snack Foods” and not have them eligible for SNAP. I would personally have Food Stamps to be much closer to how WIC works. Maybe not quite as restrictive. But the FOOD STAMPS should only pay for FOOD

        Before work Roommate gave me some money to buy some hamburger patties and chips on the way home so that's why I had chips for dinner. Yeah, I'll blame all of my diet problems on him. It's a shame that I'm not a mature rational adult who could make his own decisions /sarcasm. He's back out on the road tomorrow so I'll have to find a new excuse after that.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025