Keto Sobriety Blog Monday September 28, 2026

Weight: 302.6 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: Smithfield Pork Loin, Queso, Pork Rinds Dinner: Member's Mark Hot Dogs Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy Sober Year 1 (Day 642) Keto Month 7 (Day 211) (254/365 Days 2026 Keto) My ankles and knees were a whole lot happier when I was on vacation. Later in the evening my right knee felt like if I were able to move it right it would make a really nasty pop. Weight has been kind of trickling up the last couple of days. Slightly annoyed that it' was under 300 lbs for one day and then the next several days it moved back up. Not in a concerning amount each day, just in the direction that I didn't want it to move. I was able to get up to make breakfast before work. Got a bit distracted while cooking so the bacon was a little more crispy than I'd prefer. Really trying to think of what to write for the day. I was carryout for most of...

Drinking More Water Daily Blog February 5, 2023

Weight: 336.4 lbs ( 152.5 kg)
BMI: 43.2
Waist: 55 in ( 139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Southwest style Chicken “Detox” soup
Dinner: Baked Chicken
Drinks: Couple cups of Coffee, 1800ml Water

    Happiness isn't a number on the scale but nobody ever says that when they're actually losing weight. But I'm really not sure what's going on with my weight. I'm trying to not beat myself up too much, fluctuations happen but almost every weigh in so far this month has been an up. It's still down for the year and it's still lower than the average weight for last month. So overall progress, but a rough week. I don't know if it was the mac and cheese that I ate a few nights ago but somehow I doubt that something I ate three days ago will still be effecting me.

    I was able to get a weekly weigh in video done. It's a rough weigh in considering that this is the first weigh in for February and the first weigh in video that showed an up. But trying to put that up out of my mind. I just need to stick with the Keto. Something I hadn't taken into account was the fact that I started having more up weigh ins after I started taking some supplements. Fish Oil, Iron, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Potassium Gluconate. But again, causation or correlation? I've looked up online if any of those would cause water retention, but those last two are actually good at solving that issue. I also got a couple cases of diet soda a few days ago. That also might be the reason of my recent gain. A hypothesis on that is that my body might be reacting to the sweeteners in them

    Southwest style Chicken Detox Soup is a bit spicier than I thought it would be, going to be releasing that recipe video this Tuesday if I get around to editing it. I kind of got a chuckle out of the name of the recipe. People think they have to eat certain foods to "Detoxify" themselves, but if you have a functioning liver and set of kidneys your body will "Detox" itself. This recipe said that it made 8 servings, but it made 8 VERY LARGE servings. It would have probably have made 10 servings. And when I made it I didn't cut the veggies in it enough. Next time I have a serving I'm probably going to get the food processor out to cut it up enough to eat it with a spoon lol

    Water bottle worked like a charm. Filled it up when I got to work, and then once again when I got back from lunch. It's a 900ml bottle ( 30oz) So 2 bottles full is just under a half of a gallon. I'm reading that men are supposed to be drinking a full gallon a day. So I drank more water today than I would normally drink (maybe why I keep waking up with a dry mouth), but now that I have a water bottle with me that I can refill whenever it gets empty I should be able to get up to that goal. Before I bought that bottle if I wanted something to drink I had to buy another bottle of water, and I'd always buy a bottle of flavored sparkling water thinking that, “Hey, at least it's better than soda” But these are all flavored with artificial sweeteners that is my guess for my latest weight issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025