Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Daily Blog February 7, 2023

Weight: 330.2 lbs ( 149.8 kg)
BMI: 42.4
Waist: 53.5 in ( 135.9 cm)
WtHr: 72.3%

Breakfast: Bacon with ranch dressing
Lunch: St. Luis Style Ribs with ranch dressing
Dinner: X
Drinks: Pot of coffee, ~3,600ml Water

    Had to measure my waist a couple of times. It's just hard to imagine that I've lost that much in just a few days. Catching up with the weight makes sense with how much I've been peeing. During the last couple of days there was the Amazon, Nile, Mississippi, and my bladder.

   Had hard time getting to sleep last night, once I did get to sleep I slept straight through the night but did flop around a bit before passing out.

   I baked some ribs. Which was big enough and late enough to consider as lunch and dinner. I finished editing and posted the recipe video for the Southwest Style “Detox” Chicken soup. But again it was one of those days where I'd blink and it was several hours later. I guess that it is Tuesday. I want Tuesdays be my days off it would be nice if I were a bit more productive on my few days off, but I that's all I got done today. I did buy the ingredients for next weeks recipe video. They kind of teased me because along with the recipe ingredients I picked up a 60 pack of eggs. I only eat three eggs a day so these should last me until pretty close to the end of the month. (That is if they don't go bad.) I didn't get around to cooking next week's recipe video just yet, but I don't have to work until 2pm tomorrow, hopefully I'll be a bit more proactive tomorrow.

    I did catch myself staring at the beer cooler when I was getting groceries. But then I thought about the fact that I was down to 327.2 lbs (148.4 kg) before I started picking up diet sodas and the occasional beer. And the weigh in yesterday and this morning was down a combination of 6.2 lbs! (2.8 kg) And the only thing that I've changed was drinking water and avoiding alcohol and artificial sweeteners. My waist is down to 53.5 inches (135.9 cm)! I don't know when my waist was last under 54 inches (137.2 cm)! And just on Sunday my waist was tracking upwards. I think that was due to inflammation and water retention from alcohol and some mac and cheese that I had late last week.

    I drink beer things go up. When I drink water, things go down. I'm wanting things to go down. So there's some serious cause and effect stuff going on there. That I'd be silly to ignore.

    My sister was kind enough to help me get my taxes done for the year. She was kind of concerned with how much money I was putting into my HSA. Again I have very little understanding on how insurance things work. I do know that I need to see a doctor, it's been far too long since I've been to one. But it's just the fear of the unknown. And dealing with something new. My sister told me that her literal job is helping her coworkers with those kinds of things so she could help me figure out the things.I just don't know how to ask.

    My mom wrote a Facebook comment on yesterday's post saying the only reason to lie about the alcohol intake would be fear or shame. And these are pretty accurate answers why I don't ask for more help with medical questions. Fear of the unknown, and fear of the possible diagnosis's. (I know that any issues that I have are not going to go away if I just ignore them.) And shame of having to ask for help with things. (Not a good way of writing that, but can't seem to find a way to write that concern) And as Mom pointed out there really is no reason to be fearful or feel shame over asking for help. But I have a serious lack of practice asking for help for anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025