Keto Sobriety Blog Tuesday September 29, 2026

Weight: 302.5 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Sausage Patties, Eggs, and Cheese  Lunch: Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Seltzer Sober Year 1 (Day 643) Keto Month 7 (Day 212) (255/365 Days 2026 Keto) Right knee felt stiff today. It still feels like if I could just move it in the right direction it would make a nasty crunch, but would feel better. The weather was cool dark and rainy just as I like it. The weather did kinda suck for a little bit as Mom needed me to take her to her car dealership so she could pick up her SUV so she could take a road trip this weekend. It was really coming down when we were going into town. And I stopped by the store to grab the stuff to make gumbo https://youtu.be/c1GrylOzL-g for lunch this week and running from the car into the store was COLD. I set up the Gumbo when I got back from the store. It was one of those recipes that I...

Possible Whoosh? Daily Blog January 30, 2023

Weight: 331.6 lbs ( 150.4 kg)
BMI: 42.6
Waist: 55 in ( 139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Lunch: Instant Pot Beef and Turnip Stew
Dinner: Bratwursts
Drinks: Cup of Coffee, couple cans of Caffeine Free Diet Big K Cola

    Hard time waking up today. Bed was nice, warm, and cozy. The heater in my house is working just fine, but it was warmer in the bed. Did get up with enough time to eat breakfast and drink a cup of coffee, but didn't get much else done.

    Had a strange dream as I was waking up. I had dreamed that my mother had bought the local Village Inn, but had named all of the meals after my younger sister. She had named the meals after my sister because she was her business partner. My sister is a very business oriented person and it'd make sense that they'd work together on that. And my mom did used to own a restaurant that sadly went under. So there was hope that working together they'd see success, but I remember in the dream I was trying to ask mom about something (I don't remember what now) but she was so busy running the restaurant complaining that my sister was forcing her to work I couldn't get a word in. I was getting frustrated because mom wasn't listening to me and my sister was nowhere to be found because she was “running the restaurant”

    The scale might be going back down. Been doing some research on how the weight comes off. And weight seems to be known to come off in waves. I've seen more than one site reference something known as the “Whoosh Effect” From what I understand as the fat cells in your body dissolve they are replaced with water and eventually your body will bet rid of the water it's holding on to in an erm...”whoosh”. But this might not be a thing. A few of the sights that I've visited are really aren't seeing the science behind it. But it is encouraging that they aren't questioning the science of the Keto diet itself. It's just that you're not going to be peeing away your extra weight. (Fun fact, fat actually turns into carbon dioxide and water vapor that you breathe out). They only real way to know how much of your body mass is fat is by using an immersion tank and measuring your body density. And that does sound cool to find out, but I really don't have access to one of those. A consistent piece of advice I see is that if you hit a plateau, just stick with the plan, it happens, you just have to be stubborn with it. I am thinking about buying a water bottle. Staying more hydrated does seem like a good idea. And even without a sketchy "Whoosh effect" I've made some serious progress this month. It would be nice to continue that progress, but I see how it'll slow down.

    It's really cold outside again. Just about had a heart attack at work. Lady from Pharmacy just asked if we had cameras outside where the drive through is. Nobody up front new about the positioning or placing of the security cameras. Pharmacy Lady was just wanting to know because someone ran into another car. This is where I park, she walked away and wouldn't answer me when I asked which cars were involved. So I'm running out in the colder than balls praying that my car is OK. It was, and strangely there didn't seem to be any other cars outside of the store that were crashed. But I don't care about them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025