Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Scan Complete Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 12, 2023

Weight: 334.6 lbs (151.8 kg)
BMI: 43
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Queso Soup
Dinner: Taco Salad
Drinks: Pot of Coffee black, Kroger Seltzer Water Watermelon, Kroger Seltzer Water Mango
Weeks Sober 2 (Day 17)

Didn't sleep very well last night. Stayed up later than I should have to listen to the streamer that I like to watch on Monday nights. But when I did finally get to bed I had one of those nights when I jumped out of bed every time I laid down. I could just not lay still. I even tried to do the meditation, the notification disappeared from my phone before I got to bed. But every time I laid down my heart would race and my breathing started racing. It felt like a panic attack every time I tried to get to sleep. This has happened before, but it is a very rare occurrence. I'm not sure what causes this, but it doesn't happen enough to try to figure out.

I was able to wake up early enough to eat the regular breakfast of bacon and eggs. I did some research on the DXA scan that I had the appointment for this afternoon. And supposedly it's bad to eat anything three hours before the scan. Not necessarily, bad for you, but food in your belly can throw off the data of the scan. The DXA scan is a Duel Energy X-ray and I did find it kind of funny that the first time I've ever gotten an x-ray was a twofer. The Two rays of the scans are of varying strength and they use the way that the rays are absorbed by the body to test the various densities of the body tissues. I think the original purpose of the scan was to test as to probe bone density, but I think they discovered that they could test fat and muscle tissues as well. The lady running the scan said that the data compiled immediately, but she wasn't qualified to discuss the data with me and that was more of the doctors job. The scan only took about ten minutes but it kinda sucked laying there on that table. There wasn't any pillow so my neck was uncomfortable and there wasn't any support for my lumbar region. I'm guessing that the reason I had pain in the lower back while laying on the flat surface was because of how much my gut pulls my spine out of alignment. So when I'm standing the gut pulls the spine forward and laying flat is uncomfortable because the spine is going back straight. I am glad that they didn't take my blood pressure at the beginning of the appointment, the drive over there and being in a strange place would have certainly made that higher than normal. When it was over I was kind of hesitant to leave because it went so quickly and smoothly I was worried that if I left early I would have ruined the visit with the hypothetical: “Yeah, Mark you did the scan, but why didn't you do this other thing?” But the lady said that scan was all I was there for. A little bit annoyed that the transit to the appointment was five times longer than the appointment itself. But I still got home with half a tank of gas left which was more gas than I had last night before I had put some fuel in. And I have a bunch of data to look forward to Tuesday at the next doctors visit

Something that bothered me on the way home though was that more than once I had noticed a vibration in the car and I thought I could smell antifreeze. The temperature gauge was still on the middle of the dial and I would think that if there was anything wrong with the any of the cars systems the engine light or some other notification would come up. There is a variety of statistics to look through on the cars dash board monitor, but I don't know what I'm looking at.

What also kind of sucks is that the rent check decided to come through today. I was budgeting on that to come through next Monday. It normally wouldn't have come through this late but it had been returned because I had forgotten to put a stamp on the envelope when I had sent it the first time. The good news is that I have overdraft privilege on my account so I don't have to worry about the check bouncing, the bad news is that the $29 overdraft fee is going to SUCK! I think from now on I'm going to wait to pay the car insurance until the rent check clears. Yeah, I want to pay all of the bills at the same time, but I'm going to need to make sure that they're all going to clear the bank account. I also think I need to talk to the car insurance company on getting a cheaper monthly bill because right now I'm paying $569 a month, and I don't think that's a sustainable rate to pay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023