Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Managing Stress Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 14, 2023

Weight: 338.4 lbs (153.5 kg)
BMI: 43.4
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Stroganoff Casserole
Dinner: Strip Steak
Drinks: Couple cups of Coffee black, Kroger Energy Shot, Sugar Free Rockstar, Kroger Seltzer Water Cranberry Lime
Weeks Sober 2 (Day 19)

Last night the meditation was kind of strange. I was able to meditate without falling asleep just fine, and I did feel calm after the breathing session, but the “Stress” tracker on my watch said that the level of stress that I was experiencing had gone up instead of down like in previous sessions. I did fall asleep quite easily last night. Strangely the app said that I didn't get to sleep until 2:30 this morning, even though I went to bed closer to midnight. That first doctors appointment when the doctor asked me how well I usually sleep I asked him how much he trusted smartwatches to track sleep, and he seemed to think that they are pretty accurate.

Bit of a hard time getting going this morning. Had sharp pains in the feet again today. I've been doing really good on the diet, and the weight is going down, but I think real progress is going to start once I start doing the weight lifting. Many sources online say that the best way to lose fat is lifting heavy things. I am thinking about joining the YMCA for their weight room and I am curious if swimming helps with fat loss as well. Of course nothing is going to happen until I start doing it. The one of the real questions is going to be how to find the time to get started. I'm sure getting started is the main challenge. I'm sure once I get started it'll be easy to do, “A body at rest tends to stay at rest” and all of that. It's amazing how many laws of physics apply to human biology and psychology.

Had a rough time today at work, again this isn't “Mark whines about work blog” but had some people not show up for work and some people who did show up for work who might as well not have. It was 5 in the afternoon, we had one register open and I was running the self checkout. I was bouncing all around the self checkout area like a hyperactive ping pong ball while one lady was yelling about how she was wanting to use her food stamp card that she said was empty, three or four people were buying beer, and one guy wanted some cigars, what kind of cigars? “The green ones, or maybe the blue one” and people were yelling at me to open up more registers because people were standing in line. And this was after I spent the first half of the day running around the store because so many people assume since I know so much about the store they want me to do so much around the store AT THE SAME TIME. One lady told me that I needed to get out of there before I lose my mind. And if I had a couple thousand dollars in my bank accounts I would have been. And after the “Sunset Stampede” did calm down one of the carry-outs who is on the last nerve of the managers is doing a very good impression of what is known as “Quiet Quitting”

Needles to say “The Demon” was kind of strong this evening on the way home but I just stuck to the seltzer water again. The warm fuzzy blanket effect that beer makes would have been nice, but I'm trying to avoid that for many reasons.

My feet were really appreciative of the ice pack that I keep in the freezer. It is a flat pack that I think is more designed for something that you'd put into a cooler with your food. I had an old water bottle in the freezer for a while, but I have seemed to have misplaced that one and I'm going to need to replace it. It wont be hard its just a liter bottle of the sparkling flavored water that I used to pick up all of the time refilled with tap water.

Had a strip steak for dinner tonight. It was one that was in one of the "Family Packs" that I had picked up last week. People online when talking about the Keto/carnivore diets bring up the concern that meat is really expensive. And yes it really isn't exactly cheep, but it really is filling. And while that "Family Pack" of steaks was close to $50, it had four steaks in it which I'll eat each as one meal. And $50 divided by 4 is $12.50 which wasn't that far off of what I used to spend at Taco John's or Spangles (not sponsored, not that would be a very good advertisement) And I was good with eating just that one steak by itself (and a bit of butter)

It is a strange world we live in where a strip steak is comparable in price to a supposedly "cheap" fast food dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023