Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

A Late Post "Daily" Keto/Sobriety Blog December 6, 2023

Weight: 338.0 lbs (153.3 kg)
BMI: 43.4
Waist: 56.0 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 76.4%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Lazy White Lasagna
Dinner: Queso Soup
Drinks: most of a pot of coffee with cream, Kroger Energy Shot, 12pk Kroger Seltzer Water Mango
Weeks Sober: 1 (11 Days)

Can't seem to find the thought power to write anything in the last couple of days. And today would be really easy to make it a “Mark Whines About Work” blog. I had a lot of interactions that would have made good additions to the To Do list on Store Stories, but a lot of them were things that are already on there, the strange thing is that the list I've compiled over a decade or two is having so many examples in this last week or so. It's also strange that so many people are so Goddamned pissy. Which leads to the question as to if it's everybody around me or is it me projecting on everybody around me.

Usually when I drop off on posting on the blog it means that I've fallen off the wagon again, but I am proud to report that I've been sober for a full 11 days. The real reason that I haven't posted in the last couple of days is a bit of a mixture of Seasonal Depression and being busy working on recipe videos. I was also busy working on setting up Grandma's Christmas lights and Nativity Scene. It is fascinating that I sat around after work dreading starting writing this out and it was hard to get started, but once I got into it the writing does get a lot easier. It's going to be after midnight when I post it, but eff-it

I did visit the Doctor Tuesday morning. But that was more of a introductory visit. He listened more than than doing any prescribing, he did suggest that I start a weight lifting regiment. When I told him how much I beer I had been drinking he suggested that the cost of the beer that I was saving from giving that up would easily pay for a membership at the YMCA. But I am a bit nervous about adding another bill. Putting that fee into the budget does fit (a bit tight though) He did ask me to define what I meant by my “Ketovore” plan. The website for the clinic has quite a bit of information that suggests that they're very friendly to the low carb lifestyle. But I think the Ketovore (which is, to my understanding, is a half step between Keto and Carnivore) might be a newer term and is probably up to interpretation. When I told him what I ate per day (Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, a serving of casserole/soup for Lunch, and Steak/Chicken for Dinner) he didn't suggest any alterations.

The clinic has a policy (not sure if that is the right term) of Five Pillars. The Pillars being Sleep, Nutrition, Stress, Movement, and Detox. It is kind of Ironic that I'm about to talk about Sleep when I'm writing this late. I am wanting to get to bed earlier, but now that I've started writing this I want to get it done. Doctor seems to like my description of the Ketovore plan for the Nutrition pillar. I'm getting a lot of Stress from work, but I'm not sure of what to do about that other than getting a new job. And with Movement I'm walking around for the better part of nine hours a day. I told him that if he says that I should just eat less and move more I'll throw something at him. But the doctor says that walking around isn't great for losing fat because of our human ancestry in pursuit hunting and suggests that I need to start lifting weights. And that aligns with what Dr Ken Berry says about “lifting heavy things”. And Doctor says that my quitting the alcohol is good for the Detox pillar. The real question that I need to find the answer for is the Base of these pillars. The “Pillars” are shown in a picture of what looks like a Greek Temple. The pillars prop up the roof of “Wellness”. The Base of this temple is “Purpose” and Doctor says that the “Purpose” is the base of the pillars and needs to prop up the pillars so that would need to be answered. The question of Purpose is a tough one. (Outside of 42) I've always just kind of "survived". Having a purpose is more than just having a goal to work towards, it is the definition of who you are and what you're doing. Doctor said that he'd link me to a TED Talk that would make that easier to define that. But I can't seem to find that link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023