Keto Sobriety Blog Tuesday September 29, 2026

Weight: 302.5 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Sausage Patties, Eggs, and Cheese  Lunch: Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Seltzer Sober Year 1 (Day 643) Keto Month 7 (Day 212) (255/365 Days 2026 Keto) Right knee felt stiff today. It still feels like if I could just move it in the right direction it would make a nasty crunch, but would feel better. The weather was cool dark and rainy just as I like it. The weather did kinda suck for a little bit as Mom needed me to take her to her car dealership so she could pick up her SUV so she could take a road trip this weekend. It was really coming down when we were going into town. And I stopped by the store to grab the stuff to make gumbo https://youtu.be/c1GrylOzL-g for lunch this week and running from the car into the store was COLD. I set up the Gumbo when I got back from the store. It was one of those recipes that I...

Hopeful Daily Blog 9-2-2022

Weight: 354.8 lbs (160.9 kg)
BMI: 45.5
Waist: 58 in (147.3 cm)
WtHr: 78.4%
Breakfast: X
Lunch: Lamb Shoulder Steak
Dinner: Nachos
Drinks: 12 pk Samuel Adams Octoberfest
mood: hopeful

     Skipped breakfast again. I did not sleep well last night, not well at all. I went to bed at a reasonable time, but just flopped like a fish the entire night. And when I did wake up properly in the morning I took a while to lay there and enjoy that I had a day off, and day off with a day off to follow. I did get some dishes cleaned

     September is technically the start of autumn even though it is still getting up into the 90's F (30's C) Thinking of that I was in the mood for some Chili so I went to the store to buy the ingredients for Instant Pot Chili. That is my favorite chili recipe that I have came across so far.

     I grabbed some other things that I wasn't planning for as well. In example I picked up a Lamb Shoulder steak, thinking that I've never tried Lamb before. Lamb is only sold (as far as I know) at the big store north of town and it is quite a bit more expensive than beef, so whenever I've came across lamb I could justify the price just for a curiosity. But this Lamb Shoulder was only $10 and that is close to any fast food meal and decidedly close to any beef steak. So I picked it up for lunch. I cooked it in my cast iron skillet. I'm not sure if I have the vocabulary to describe the meat. It was definitely very chewy, but that might have just been my lack of cooking skill. But I would say that the flavor is “lower” than beef. Not that it had less or worse flavor. But it's like musical notes being “lower”. I think I prefer the “sharper” flavor of beef. But Lamb isn't bad if I were to have to eat it. But for the cost I'm sticking with beef.

     I did plan on making chili for dinner, I did think about having chili for supper. But buy the time I got most of the dishes done. I really didn't have time to make Chili, even for the “Instant” pot version. But I did have enough time to enjoy some nachos. Not spectacular for my diet, but neither was the Samuel Adams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025