Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Watching YouTube and Cleaning House Keto/Sobriety Blog June 11, 2024

Weight: 329 lbs (149.2 kg)
BMI: 42.2
Waist: 54 in (137.2 cm)
WtHr: 73%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Baked Bratwursts
Dinner: 11oz Top Sirloin
Drinks: Pot of Coffee Black, Diet Pepsi, Kroger Blackberry Citrus Seltzer Water
Sober Day 3

Nice, down three more pounds today. Still thinking that it's just water weight and daily fluctuations. But it's nice to be back under 330

Spent the morning trying to get the dishes done. Having a hard time getting momentum going. I feel considerably better mentally and emotionally, but I keep finding myself back sitting at the computer staring at YouTube. I keep telling myself that I'm just going to start a queue of interesting videos to have background noise while I'm doing housecleaning. The problem is that they're interesting videos. Trying to get house cleaned up because Roommate is coming home tomorrow and it wouldn't be fair to him to have him work for an entire month just to come in for home time and have him come home to my nastiness.

Not sure if the algorithms are reading the interest in weight loss or what but I came across a documentary featuring several people around the United States and their struggles with obesity. Interestingly none of the people featured were responsible for their situation. They focused on people who were “victims of the fast food restaurants” around them. And an extreme themed restaurant in Las Vegas, that “spanked” people who didn't finish their proudly extreme meals. A guy was “forced” to get Bariatric surgery so he could keep up with his teenage son. There was a “Boot Camp” that a group of teenage girls attended that was “cruel” enough to make them go on walks and (gasp) keep a food log. The last half of the video was focused on a plus sized dance troupe that promotes “body positivity” and preaches that being plus sized is just a part of their nature. I will agree that body shaming is counter productive. I have no interest in looking like Mr Olympia and I don't think that every lady should want to go around thinking that they should be a Barbie figure, but I do think that there is a balance between that and just accepting morbid obesity as some kind of “Nature” that just kind of “happens” to you.

Since I was cleaning out the fridge I decided to make a meal plan for the week. Took a bit longer than I think it should have. But at least now it's just a matter of sticking to the plan and not buying more stuff for lunch. I'm thinking of picking up some more seltzer water tomorrow. Along with some stuff to cook up more recipes. I had enough to make a full list this week, but next week I'll be running low.

I am kind of proud of myself for not buying anything today. But then again the rent check came through today so that might not be an accurate brag. But then again it was a planned expense and not just an impulse buy of more food or drink when I have plenty at home. And I'm still three days off of alcohol.

I've been looking up the timeline of alcohol withdraw. And I haven't seemed to have had any of the more serious symptoms. So hopefully I'm fighting alcoholism before it causes the more serious physical ramifications. Although as I'm finishing writing this out I suddenly got REALLY tired. It wasn't like a gradual phase down, it was almost like I realized how late it was so I hit the wall. 

I really like how the Steak turned out this evening. Google says that Top Sirloin is one of the more tender cuts of meat, but when I try cooking it, I'm nearly pulling out my teeth. I'm probably over cooking it, but this evening it came out really nice. I seasoned it with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning (Not Sponsored) It's called Grill Mates, but I cooked the steak in a Cast Iron Skillet. It's kind of convenient to use that seasoning because it's the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper that I would have normally used all in one little bottle. 

And hey I was carnivore today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023