Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Breaking the Fast Keto/Sobriety Blog June 18, 2024

Weight: 330.2 lbs (149.8 kg)
BMI: 42.4
Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm)
WtHr: 73.6%

Breakfast: Fast
Lunch: Fast
Dinner: Ribeye
Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy
Sober Day 3

Very fascinating. When I woke up this morning I didn't feel hungry. Muscles felt weak and I had a hard time thinking about anything. Not that I couldn't actually think, it was more like I couldn't get one thought done before five or six other thoughts tried to jump in as well. Spelling has been hard over the last dauy our twe a swel 

Had a kind of a chuckle when I stood on the scale this morning and I was back to the weight of a couple of days ago. Yes, I had beer, then fried chicken, starved myself for a couple of days, and that brought me back. But that's not a healthy idea to entertain. I'm not planning on doing 48 hour fasts very often. It was easier than I thought to do. But I don't believe that starving yourself very often is a sustainable idea.

Took advantage of a Digital Coupon for some Ribeye steaks. If I remember right the original price was $15.99/lb but with the coupon they were $9.99/lb. They say don't go shopping hungry, but I was able to get in and out of the store with just the steaks and a couple cases of seltzer water. I did spend $180 on groceries, but that includes 15 steaks over the five “family packs” of steaks. This is a kind of sticker shock, but I keep reminding myself that a steak is a meal and the math makes it to pretty close to $11 per meal. That's pretty close to the cost of a fast food meal. Strange world we live in when a Ribeye steak is comparable in price to a Burger King meal.

Diarrhea again today. But I think that might be the coffee on an empty stomach.

Kind of infuriating that I went two days without cooking/eating anything. But I still have dishes to do. Kind of speaks to my housekeeping skills. I was chuckling thinking about if mythologies were written today instead of rolling a boulder Sisyphus would just have to do the dishes.

There is a really cool golden sheen over the backyard this afternoon. That's usually what happens at sunset after a good thunderstorm, but it's only 2:30 that I noticed it. The wind is going like crazy, but that's Kansas. There is a line of storms going through the western part of the state, but they're not expected to get to the central part of the state where I am. Of course, if I remember correctly, we had a similar forecast on Saturday before a storm jumped up and knocked out the power at the store for three and a half hours. And there's also supposed to be a pretty good drop in the temperature from today to tomorrow. Today's high is supposed to be 94 (94 c) and it's only going to be 80 (26.7 c) and a drop like that usually means you're going to have to hold on to something in between.

Spent a bit of time playing Fallout: New Vegas again today. And it has a great system that if you fight members of a faction you'll gain infamy with that faction. It's kind of an interesting system, but the problem is that I've seemed to have pissed off a faction known as Caesar's Legion so they're sending assassins after me. And as I'm getting pretty high in levels they're starting to get pretty strong. And also a frustration that I see coming up is that I've been trying to level up before starting the main story and that quest has me going into the middle of Caesar's camp. So that's going to be...interesting.

Research has indicated that I should break the fast with something “easy” to digest like a broth soup or something. But Roommate asked if I was planning on grilling the steaks for dinner. And it sounded like a REALLY good idea. So I'll blame him if I have any digestive issues. I've also had a case of Sugar Free Monster Energy drinks sitting on my desk for the last couple of days and research has said that even the 10 calorie drink would break the fast and the 48 hour fast being over I went ahead and had a can. I didn't think until after I had it that it probably wasn't a great idea to have an energy drink at 8 o'clock at night.

I was feeling really quite good after dinner. The muscle weakness was gone, and brain was a lot clearer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023