Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Switching Out Beer For Cough Syrup Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 10, 2024

Weight: 332.2 lbs (150.7 kg)
BMI: 42.6
Waist: 55 in (137.2 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Cabbage Soup
Dinner: 1.17 lbs Chuck Blade Steak Grilled
Drinks: Pot of Coffee Black, Diet Dr Pepper, Kroger Energy Shot, Kroger Blackberry Citrus Seltzer Water
Sober Day 2

Still didn't go to the YMCA this morning as I'm still horaking up my lungs. I'm still fairly certain that it's just allergies, but I think COVID-19 is still close enough to the zeitgeist that nobody would want to lift weights around someone coughing like I am. And swimming when I can't breathe properly doesn't sound like fun either. Although sitting in the steam room for a bit would probably be beneficial.

Had bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning. I've been trying to re-season my cast iron skillet. For a while I was cleaning the skillet with a steal wool scratch pad and baking it. I wasn't using soap water on it, but lately it looked like the patina was starting to come off of the bottom of the pan. So what I had changed to doing was leaving the fat in the pan and just baking the pan for an hour or so at 350. and the bacon this morning was really flavorful, but the eggs tasted funny. An annoyance with the bacon this morning was that the strips of bacon kept tearing in half. It was really kind of annoying because the last pack of bacon were really satisfyingly shaped strips (if that makes sense) but today I had chunks of bacon.

It was kind of fun this morning that I was down one even kilogram. But I think that's just daily fluctuations. I don't see that being a trend. It might be for a couple of days while I lose water weight

I'm not a big fan of taking medication, but I went ahead and bought a Day/Nyquil dual pack. I debated most of the first half of work on whether to buy the medicine or not but I decided to because I just couldn't get a full breath in without coughing. I did kind of chuckle at the idea that I'm going to quit buying alcohol, I'm just going to chug cough medicine instead. lol

I finally had a serving of Cabbage Soup for lunch. I have to say that it tastes good while eating it, but it didn't satisfy for very long. An hour or so back to work I was STARVING. What kind of sucks working at a grocery store. Make conversation with customer saying that you're starting to get hungry, way too many people say, “Hey, you're in a grocery store, you're surrounded by food! You could just eat something!” Do they not realize that I can't just “go eat something?” Sure, I'm surrounded by food, but there's not of a lot that's cooked. And it's not like it's my food that I just go eat. There are quite a few people who don't work at the store anymore because they just went around eating the food.

Leaving work I did fall to the temptation of picking up another steak. I kept chanting, “I have food and soda at home, I don't have to buy something every time I leave the store!” But at least I did keep myself from buying anything to drink. Although I did stare at the beer cooler for a bit. But nope all I picked up was the steak, and at least the $11 steak was cheaper than what I'd normally spend on a case of beer.

Something I'm going to have to work on tomorrow is cleaning out the fridge. Last week I defrosted the freezer. But I didn't think about where that melt water went. The last couple of days the fridge really started smelling funky and when I checked out the crisper drawers there was some eldritch stuff going on down there. That might be why my eggs tasted bad this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023