Keto Sobriety Blog Monday September 28, 2026

Weight: 302.6 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: Smithfield Pork Loin, Queso, Pork Rinds Dinner: Member's Mark Hot Dogs Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy Sober Year 1 (Day 642) Keto Month 7 (Day 211) (254/365 Days 2026 Keto) My ankles and knees were a whole lot happier when I was on vacation. Later in the evening my right knee felt like if I were able to move it right it would make a really nasty pop. Weight has been kind of trickling up the last couple of days. Slightly annoyed that it' was under 300 lbs for one day and then the next several days it moved back up. Not in a concerning amount each day, just in the direction that I didn't want it to move. I was able to get up to make breakfast before work. Got a bit distracted while cooking so the bacon was a little more crispy than I'd prefer. Really trying to think of what to write for the day. I was carryout for most of...

Switching Out Beer For Cough Syrup Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 10, 2024

Weight: 332.2 lbs (150.7 kg)
BMI: 42.6
Waist: 55 in (139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Cabbage Soup
Dinner: 1.17 lbs Chuck Blade Steak Grilled
Drinks: Pot of Coffee Black, Diet Dr Pepper, Kroger Energy Shot, Kroger Blackberry Citrus Seltzer Water
Sober Day 2

Still didn't go to the YMCA this morning as I'm still horaking up my lungs. I'm still fairly certain that it's just allergies, but I think COVID-19 is still close enough to the zeitgeist that nobody would want to lift weights around someone coughing like I am. And swimming when I can't breathe properly doesn't sound like fun either. Although sitting in the steam room for a bit would probably be beneficial.

Had bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning. I've been trying to re-season my cast iron skillet. For a while I was cleaning the skillet with a steal wool scratch pad and baking it. I wasn't using soap water on it, but lately it looked like the patina was starting to come off of the bottom of the pan. So what I had changed to doing was leaving the fat in the pan and just baking the pan for an hour or so at 350. and the bacon this morning was really flavorful, but the eggs tasted funny. An annoyance with the bacon this morning was that the strips of bacon kept tearing in half. It was really kind of annoying because the last pack of bacon were really satisfyingly shaped strips (if that makes sense) but today I had chunks of bacon.

It was kind of fun this morning that I was down one even kilogram. But I think that's just daily fluctuations. I don't see that being a trend. It might be for a couple of days while I lose water weight

I'm not a big fan of taking medication, but I went ahead and bought a Day/Nyquil dual pack. I debated most of the first half of work on whether to buy the medicine or not but I decided to because I just couldn't get a full breath in without coughing. I did kind of chuckle at the idea that I'm going to quit buying alcohol, I'm just going to chug cough medicine instead. lol

I finally had a serving of Cabbage Soup for lunch. I have to say that it tastes good while eating it, but it didn't satisfy for very long. An hour or so back to work I was STARVING. What kind of sucks working at a grocery store. Make conversation with customer saying that you're starting to get hungry, way too many people say, “Hey, you're in a grocery store, you're surrounded by food! You could just eat something!” Do they not realize that I can't just “go eat something?” Sure, I'm surrounded by food, but there's not of a lot that's cooked. And it's not like it's my food that I just go eat. There are quite a few people who don't work at the store anymore because they just went around eating the food.

Leaving work I did fall to the temptation of picking up another steak. I kept chanting, “I have food and soda at home, I don't have to buy something every time I leave the store!” But at least I did keep myself from buying anything to drink. Although I did stare at the beer cooler for a bit. But nope all I picked up was the steak, and at least the $11 steak was cheaper than what I'd normally spend on a case of beer.

Something I'm going to have to work on tomorrow is cleaning out the fridge. Last week I defrosted the freezer. But I didn't think about where that melt water went. The last couple of days the fridge really started smelling funky and when I checked out the crisper drawers there was some eldritch stuff going on down there. That might be why my eggs tasted bad this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025