Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

No Beer Challenge Day 1 Daily Keto Blog Oct 22, 2023

Weight: 348.2lbs (157.9 kg)
BMI: 44.7
Waist: 57.5 in (146.0 cm)
WtHr: 77.7%

Breakfast: Sausage patties and eggs
Lunch: Instant Pot Chili with cheese and sour cream
Dinner: Bratwursts with G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce, mustard, and Ranch Dressing for dipping
Drinks: Pot of coffee with cream, Kroger Energy shot, ~16oz water, 2L Big K Caffeine Free Diet Cola
Days Without Beer: 1

     Quite proud of myself that I was able to wake up so early today. Today was the first day back to work from last weeks PTO and I was wanting to wake up early enough to get the Weekly Weigh In done before work. And I was frustrated all of last week as I woke up after 10am almost every day last week. I know that PTO is supposed to be time off to sit down, but it was frustrating that it was almost noon by the time I got up and going to do anything. But today I was up at the first alarm and up and going by the third. I was in an amazing mood...

until I stood on the scale for the weigh in. That hurt.

     Well, my left foot hurt because I had a hard step last night before going to bed. Yesterday the high temperature was close to 90 degrees (~32 C) and I had the windows open yesterday and as I was going to go to bed I remembered that all of the windows were open and my house still needed some fresh air; and it wasn't going to get all that cool over night, so I needed to check to make sure that the heater wasn't still on. And on my way downstairs I missed the last two steps and made a pretty hard stomp at the base of the stairs. My left foot has been pretty cranky all day. I'm praying that I just bruised something, and I'm thinking that if something was seriously damaged it I wouldn't be able to stand on it. I have a feeling that if I had a doctor look at it they'd suggest I stay off of my feet for a while, which would be difficult concerning what I do for a living. I have a 1 litter bottle of water that I have recycled into an ice pack for my feet, and I do have to say it felt really nice on my feet this evening.

     But for the other pain. It really hurt that when I weighed in the scale showed that I was up 5.8 pounds compared to yesterday (2.6 kg) and 2.2 pounds (1 kg) compared to last week. I know that as I was on vacation last week so I burned significantly fewer calories than I would on a normal week, so being up today compared to last week's weigh in makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the increase is purely do to the comparison of today vs yesterday and not over the course of the week. I did have Tex-Mex mac and cheese for a late lunch yesterday and cheesy Ramen for dinner. But I doubt that I ate 6 pounds of food yesterday.

     Something else that is kind of frustrating is that I woke up before dawn (about 6:30am) didn't have to work until 11am, but was still almost running out of the door to try to make it to work on time. There's no reason that a weekly weigh in should take three and a half hours to make. Maybe it was because I was so bummed out from the two weeks in a row that had a weight increase, or because I'm just not used to being awake that early, or maybe because I've been off for a week and was just still in vacation mode.

Plenty to whine about when it comes to work, but that's for Store Stories. And this is getting long anyway.

    I did avoid buying anything for lunch, but that only might be because it was busy. I was going to pick up a can of energy drink or something to drink with lunch, but I was going to lunch just as the Chief's game was about to start, so yeah, it got busy. So I just had some water with lunch, which is something that I need to do more often. 

     Counting today day one of no beer. I debated on wither or not to count it because not buying beer on Sunday isn't a choice. But eff-it, Day 1. The real question will tomorrow be Day 2? This is hardly the first time I've started a blog of quitting something just to fall off before even really starting.

     Something else interesting that I'm noticing is that I am getting really tired quite a bit earlier than I normally do. Sure I don't usually have, "bounce off of the walls" kind of energy, but I barely had the energy to eat dinner. And I'm drifting off as I'm writing this out. It might be because of how early I woke up, or the lack of energy drinks this afternoon. But I'm rarely this tired after work, even on the first day back from PTO. And it is very rare of me to go to bed around 11pm, but that might be bedtime for me tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025