Keto Sobriety Blog Tuesday September 29, 2026

Weight: 302.5 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Sausage Patties, Eggs, and Cheese  Lunch: Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Seltzer Sober Year 1 (Day 643) Keto Month 7 (Day 212) (255/365 Days 2026 Keto) Right knee felt stiff today. It still feels like if I could just move it in the right direction it would make a nasty crunch, but would feel better. The weather was cool dark and rainy just as I like it. The weather did kinda suck for a little bit as Mom needed me to take her to her car dealership so she could pick up her SUV so she could take a road trip this weekend. It was really coming down when we were going into town. And I stopped by the store to grab the stuff to make gumbo https://youtu.be/c1GrylOzL-g for lunch this week and running from the car into the store was COLD. I set up the Gumbo when I got back from the store. It was one of those recipes that I...

Daily Blog 10/25/2022

Weight: 351.0 lbs ( 159.2 kg)
BMI: 45.1
Waist: 58 in ( 147.3 cm)
WtHR: 78.4%
Breakfast: Bacon
Lunch: Artichoke Bacon Chicken Soup
Dinner: Baked Chicken
Drinks: coffee with cream

Had to do a bit more dishes before I could cook breakfast. Running low on bacon.

The call I was expecting discussing the scores for my computer skills test came as an email. The data entry scores were quite high, which makes sense for someone who has been a cashier for WAY too long. The words per minute was at 29 net wpm. Which is not great, but not terrible. My Excel knowledge was at 71% which kind of bummed me out because a 71% is a C- score, but the lady with the HR group said that the scores aren't “A,B,C,D” and a 71% is really quite good. And I scored 81% on my MS Word quiz. Which I feel is a good score either way.

This afternoon I helped change some light bulbs for Grandma. I live in a very blessed family. Everyone I know always complains about their interactions with their family, but I have yet to have any complaints about any interactions with any of my family. She always gives me a bit of money for coming out and helping her, but I would help her for free. It's just nice to hang out with family and just talk for a bit.

What was surprising was when I was at Grandma's house I got a phone call from a Credit Union that I had applied to online. They had a bit of an impromptu phone interview. I am very not confident in that interview. I didn't start off very confident. And She told me that the job started with a pay rate that I'm already making, and that's one of quite a few reasons I'm looking for a new job. (more than a little annoyed that the starting rates at a lot jobs is more than I'm making after TWENTY YEARS working at a grocery store) so I asked for a higher pay rate. And I was very hesitant through the call. She did chuckle at some of my light hardhearted answers, so that might be a bonus. That is a hypothesis that I have, if they laugh at your joke, they might be understanding what you're saying and might be sympathetic to your point of view. The job is for a “Traveling Teller” My understanding is that, if I'm hired, I'd mainly be a teller in the branch downtown, but if they need someone to fill in at another location I'd have to travel to the other branches in town or the neighboring towns. With the farthest location being about an hour drive away. The interviewer was quick to tell me that they have a company vehicle and if that is unavailable they'd reimburse me for travel. She said that she'd advance my interview and application up through the HR chain, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

I did get around to working on the basement for a bit. I have a couple of 3D printers downstairs just sitting there waiting for me to get off of my butt to get around to start printing things. But before I can get the “Print Farm” working I'm going to have to get through 0+ years of clutter that had just kind of settled down into the basement. I can't seem to get any motivation to get down there and get any of the mess cleaned up. But today I did get down there for an hour or so. I'm telling myself that if I can just get down there for at least an hour each day I have off eventually I'll get around to getting things going down there.

Had baked chicken again for dinner. I don't know why that is just so good lately. But I just can't get enough of baked chicken for dinner lately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025