Thawing the Freezer...Again Keto/Sobriety Blog July 1, 2024

Weight: 333.2 lbs (151.1 kg) BMI: 42.8 Waist: 54 in (137.2 cm) WtHr: 73.0% Breakfast: X Lunch: Baked Chicken Dinner: Mississippi Roast Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Mango and Blackberry Citrus, Sugar Free Monster Sober Week 2 (Day 16) YMCA: no Woke up again a bit later than I would prefer, but I don't work today or tomorrow so there wasn't much rush to get up. But still there is a frustration in sleeping in so late. When I finally did get around to getting up I really didn't feel all that hungry. Dr Berry and other influencers suggest that you should only eat when only truly hungry. I'm not sure if that was because I had over eaten last night or because I just haven't discovered what it is to be truly hungry. But when I did get around to getting up I just didn't feel like eating anything. On the days that I do have to go to work I will have a breakfast before going to work, as I don't want to gamble with becoming “hangry” I ran by Mom's house to grab a c

Accidentaly Carnivore Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog February 10, 2024

Weight: 332.2 lbs (150.7 kg)
BMI: 42.6
Waist: 55 in (139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Strip Steak and Eggs
Lunch: 4x Bar S Jumbo Jumbo Quarter Pound Beef Hot Dogs
Dinner: Baked Bratwursts
Drinks: 2x cups of Coffee Black, 500ml Bottled Water x3, Kroger Energy Shot, Sugar Free Rockstar Sliver Ice, Kroger Seltzer Water Lemon Lime x4, 900ml water,
Sober Week 1 (Day 10)

Had a hard time falling asleep last night. I was able to get to bed around midnight like I want to. I had listened to the meditation lessons that my phone plays each night. And I felt really calm, but sleep just didn't happen. The health app says that I fell asleep at about 1:25am but I'm pretty sure that I remember seeing the alarm clock show 2:30. I woke up at about 7:30 and I felt alright. “Keto Insomnia” is a known thing when transitioning to the Keto diet. And this can last up to four weeks. So add that to the reasons and challenges to staying clean and sober. Because although I do feel more or less alright this morning I imagine that I'd be feeling considerably better if I had a couple more hours of sleep. As opposed to the imitation of a rotisserie chicken that I was doing for most of the night. But here's another thought. Is the lack of sleep because of transitioning to Ketosis, or because I'm trying to work on this all of the way until midnight. Perhaps I should try to finish these posts earlier and try to get away from the computer for a while. I have seen many things that say that reading before bed is one of the secrets to a restful sleep, and it would be nice to get back to a habit of reading books.

Breakfast went amazingly well, Influencers I follow online tout the “Triple B and E Diet” and I got a chuckle out of the idea of a Quadruple B and E meal. The “Breakfast with Beef Butter Bacon (grease) and Eggs” I've tried cooking a steak in bacon grease before, but when I've tried it before I didn't put in enough grease to cook the steak and then the eggs. But this morning I put in a good amount in to cook everything so it turned out quite well. 

Getting up this morning my right foot hurt more than my left foot. Left foot was feeling better than it has been for a while. The left foot has been kind of been making me nervous. About six months ago I had missed a step coming down stairs (one of the reasons that I'm quitting drinking) and made a really heavy STOMP and the foot has had a mild ache in it ever since. I've tried telling the doctor back in December, but he just chocked the pain up to the fact that I'm more than double my healthy weight. Ankles were kind of cranky today also. But Step-Dad bought me a new pair of shoes that I'm going to be picking up tonight after work. He had bought some for me a couple of weeks ago, but those were defective. We're hoping that the new pair will be better. He bought them on a “Try before you buy” deal so if they are bad at least he doesn't have to pay for the new pair if they're defective. So far they're going quite well, but I've only worn them for a couple of hours now.

I'm kind of angry at my new belt. The elastic one that I was using was starting to get worn out so I had ordered a new one when I bought my swim trunks. And I wore the belt for two whole days before the buckle snapped off. My pants fit well enough that I wasn't indecent for the last half of the day, but it was annoying to have to constantly adjust my waistline and re-tuck in my shirt.

I avoided buying anything for lunch as I already had bought the Jumbo Jumbo Hot Dogs the other day as well as the Sugar Free Rockstars as they were Buy 2 Get 2 Free. It still feels strange to walk out of the store without buying anything. It always feels like I'm forgetting something. 

And to make another mention in the "Mark Whines About Work" section, next week they're having me work six days and that is including what I'm wanting to be my assigned day off of Tuesdays. I'm flexible enough to go ahead and work what I was scheduled, but I am kind of grumpy that they didn't give me any warning that I'm going to be working on my supposed day off and working six days next week. I was finally able to talk to the Customer Service  Manager to ask her what the hell and apparently so many people requested off on certain days next week that they were stretched too thin to have people having multiple days off. And apparently with how many people are quitting and have quit and some people are going to be out for medical issues we're just going to have to get used to working six days a week. I'm not sure how I feel about having to just "get used" to working six days a week. Personally I think you should get a bonus for working that many days a week. I'm assigned 40 hours so I'm not going to be getting overtime, but it would be nice to have some sort of compensation for spitting up the time like that. I'm also not a big fan of how I was talked down to when I was just trying to get a heads up on what was going on. 

Despite the success at lunch to avoid buying anything I didn't manage to leave the store this evening without buying some more food. I needed to get more bacon, I had a coupon for bratwursts, and I was on my last serving of chicken. Of course I didn't have to buy the bratwurst or Chicken this evening, but I had a coupon to get so much off if I spent so much in the meat department so I figured, "Hey why not." When I was eating dinner I had a good laugh as I realized with the Steak and Eggs for breakfast, the Beef Hot Dogs for Lunch. and the Bratwursts for dinner I had accidentally been a full carnivore today. 

I am curious if any Vegans at the end of their day had the thought of, " Huh, full vegan today" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023