Lazy Day Sobriety Blog Oct 14, 2024

Weight: 348.8 lbs (158.2 kg)
BMI: 44.8
Waist: 56.5 in (143.5 cm)
WtHr: 76.4%

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Lunch: Bratwursts
Dinner: Pizza Hut Taco and Super Supreme Pizza, Parmesan Garlic Wings
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Kroger Seltzer, Monster Zero Ultra
Sober Day 2

Had a hard time falling asleep last night. I just couldn't keep my eyes open sitting at the computer. But going to bed I was doing an impression of a rotisserie chicken. I don't think that it was “Keto Insomnia” as yesterday was only the first day back into the diet. I think it might be because of the temperature change. It is strange to go from highs in the mid-90's to highs in the 70's without a pretty good storm in between. And the weather has been eerily calm the last couple of days. There hasn't even been a lot of wind. (At lest in Kansas anyway, I'm sure that Florida would have liked to trade us some of our calm sunshine for their hurricanes) It is quite chilly in my apartment, but I'm not willing to turn on the heater just yet.

Yesterday's post went long so I didn't get around to what got me to decide to back into this, but the other morning I noticed a couple of skin tags under my arm and when I had my morning pee I could smell bread in the bathroom. When I looked it up; a bread smell in the urine could be a sign of a vaginal yeast infection. As a male I don't think I have to worry much about that, but A gross historical fact is that diabetes was discovered when doctors noticed that their patients pee tasted sweet. That's right tasted sweet. I'm not sure how it tastes and I'm not really interested in finding out. And skin tags are a possible effect of diabetes, which some of my family members are currently struggling with complications of. Not to sound conceited, but I would rather avoid those complications.

The doctor had replied to the blood test from a couple of weeks ago. The only thing he said was that the liver enzymes are improving. I have been drinking less, but again I wouldn't be making a blog if I weren't struggling with it. It is odd that the DEXA scan isn't showing up on the Patient Portal though. I'll try to get the guts to call them and ask about it.

Didn't have a very productive day today. I just felt so tired all day long. Not sure if it's carbohydrate withdraw, Alcohol withdraw or just the bad sleep last night. One of those days where I blink and it's several hours later.

Still didn't get around to getting to the YMCA. A little while ago I got an email saying that they were raising the monthly subscription fee. It's going from $38.80/month to $39.90/month. And the fact that I haven't been to the Y regularly for about six months makes me wonder if I should just call it quits on the gym. But when I contemplate canceling I look at the data and the two months that I did regularly go to the Y I did make some serious progress. But then again, it's $40 bucks a month to pay for something that “I'm totally going to do tomorrow, no seriously tomorrow. And I totally mean it this time”

I did manage to get around to taking inventory of the freezer to make a meal plan for the week. And I avoided buying beer. Although I did drink a lot of the canned seltzer water. The sparkling water and bratwursts that I had for lunch made my torso feel stiff. Fascinating how I could drink an entire 30 pack of beer and feel fine, or well “feel fine” but half of that in sparkling water I feel like I'm going to explode. But it's drink these or go to the store and get beer. 

Roommate said that he wanted pizza. He asked if I wanted to have him order pizza or if I wanted to bake my own pizza. I do have a recipe for "Fathead Pizza" and that's great for the Ketovore diet.  But I REALLY didn't feel like going to the store, getting the stuff, and move around doing the cooking. So I just ordered the pizza. I usually get the Meat Lovers, but we agreed that is kind of old, so I got the Beef Taco pizza, the Super Supreme, and Parmesan Garlic wings. The Taco Pizza was kind of strange because it had refried beans for the pizza sauce. And like the last couple of times that I got the Parmesan Garlic wings they really skimped on the sauce. The Supreme pizza was fine, but it would be nice if they had the stuffed crust pizza in the medium size.

I don't think the "blah" feeling today was because of carb withdraw because even after the pizza I felt half asleep.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023