Lazy Day Sobriety Blog Oct 14, 2024

Weight: 348.8 lbs (158.2 kg) BMI: 44.8 Waist: 56.5 in (143.5 cm) WtHr: 76.4% Breakfast: Bacon and eggs Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Pizza Hut Taco and Super Supreme Pizza, Parmesan Garlic Wings Drinks: Salted Coffee, Kroger Seltzer, Monster Zero Ultra Sober Day 2 Had a hard time falling asleep last night. I just couldn't keep my eyes open sitting at the computer. But going to bed I was doing an impression of a rotisserie chicken. I don't think that it was “Keto Insomnia” as yesterday was only the first day back into the diet. I think it might be because of the temperature change. It is strange to go from highs in the mid-90's to highs in the 70's without a pretty good storm in between. And the weather has been eerily calm the last couple of days. There hasn't even been a lot of wind. (At lest in Kansas anyway, I'm sure that Florida would have liked to trade us some of our calm sunshine for their hurricanes) It is quite chilly in my apartment, but I'm not will

Keto/Sobriety Blog Oct 13, 2024

Weight: 354.2 lbs ( 160.6 kg)
BMI: 45.5
Waist: 56.5 in (143.5 cm)
WtHr: 76.4%

Breakfast: Johnsonville Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages, Rockstar Sliver
Lunch: Private Selection Pepperoni Mozzarella Rolls, Rockstar Sliver
Dinner: Chuck Steak
Drinks: Kroger Seltzer, Kroger Energy Shot,
Sober Day 1

All of my dishes were dirty this morning so I couldn't have the usual bacon and eggs for breakfast. It took a lot of effort to hold off from going to Spangles. That idea came up a couple of days ago and it still sounds like a good idea. But fast food is expensive and not that great any more. I did end up driving around a bit before work. I really wasn't going anywhere I was just trying to stop myself from hitting up a fast food drive through. Annoyingly enough this cruising around made the “Low Gas” alert come on. I usually wait until I'm coasting in on fumes to refill the tank. Normally I just fill up once a month, but the Doctor's trip to Wichita last week and a Family Gathering a couple of weeks ago had drained the tank.

I decided to come into the store a bit early to have some Johnsonville Cheddar and Jalapeno Smoked Sausages. I'm kind of getting tired of this, but I couldn't think of anything else to have. I'm not a big fan of the other flavors of the Johnsonville Sausages. And the Bar-S hot dogs are starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

As I was eating breakfast one of the carryout guys was on his lunch break. He is “mentally challenged” if that's the PC term this week. He was really proud that he looked up a clip from Ghostbusters. It was the clip where the Ghostbuster team was in the library. He was excited because there is a rumor that our local library is haunted. And he sent the clip to the “lie berry” because of the Gray Lady in the lie berry. The clip has the Ghostbusters yelling at the ghost and the ghost screaming back at them. And he repeated that he sent the clip to the lie berry, because the gray lady in the lie berry. And started the clip again where the team yelled at the ghost and the ghost yelled back. And then he spent the next three hours pacing back and forth repeating that he sent the clip to the lie berry because the gray lady in the lie berry. I couldn't get him to bag anybody's groceries, or any of the cleaning that carryouts do. He was just obsessed with the gray lady at the lie berry.

Most of the rest of the day went very smoothly. Especially compared to the previous couple of days when the money machine broke and we couldn't use cash money. Which really pissed people off. I had quite a few people tell me that they're going to call corporate can complain. Okay, you can complain, but the cash machine was still broken.

 But today everything went smoothly. Had to pressure the teenage carryouts a bit to get them to do their jobs, but that's just working with teenagers. 

Had a bit of a conundrum at lunch though. The fried chicken that I had fallen back into the habit of isn't very ketogenic and I had already had the Johnsonville sausages for breakfast. And I hadn't gotten a meal plan together for lunch. So I decided to swing by the deli and pick up a pack of Pepperoni and Mozzarella wraps. I'm pretty sure that these are great for keto, but not great for my wallet. They're like $7 for a pack of six. And I kicked myself when I got home because I had bought a can of Sugar Free Rockstar, and I still have a couple cans of Sugar Free Monster at home. So I'm spending money on stuff that I already have.

This afternoon Mom sent a message that my cousin is in the ICU again. I really did start this post this morning when I stood on the scale, before I heard the news. I wont share details because it's not my place to share, but not trying not to be judgmental, I think that the both of us can be doing a lot better at taking care of ourselves. 

I did pick up a chuck steak as I was leaving the store because it still feels strange leaving the store without buying anything. So I picked up a steak and another case of seltzer water. It's easy to avoid buying beer on Sunday as we can't sell beer on Sunday. The real challenge will be the rest of the week. 

I did manage to get the dishes done when I got home from work. It doesn't seem like much of a brag, but this is really something that I need to work on. And WOW I got really tired as soon as I got home. Not sure if that was because I didn't have as much caffeine as I normally do, or because the sun is going down earlier and it's starting to actually feel like fall. Maybe it was just because I had sat down at last. But it was a struggle to keep up long enough to get dishes done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023