Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog May 3, 2024

Weight: 331 lbs (151.8 kg)
BMI: 43
Waist: 55 in (137.2 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Instant Pot Chili with Cottage Cheese
Dinner: Baked Bratwursts
Drinks: Sugar Free Rockstar Energy Sliver Ice, Kroger Energy Shot, Several Cans of Kroger Seltzer Cranberry Lime and Mandarin Orange
Sober Day 3

YMCA: Weights

I got the hours and days mixed up in yesterday's post so I was able to get to the YMCA this morning. And I'm wanting to do swimming next week so I spent a few minutes in the weight room I had to struggle with the thought that I was doing everything wrong and I was just wasting time. I tried to use the counter thought of “Doing something is always better than doing nothing” but I really couldn't bring myself to do much in the weight room. I did feel a lot more confident and sure of myself when I was using the treadmill. But then again that's just walking. If I can't figure out how to walk by now I'm going to have a lot of questions with myself and my life.

I do think my feet and knees will like the pool time that I have planned for next week. Also as I'm on vacation next week I'm sure that they'll like that I'm going to be sitting down for most of the time.

For lunch I warmed up a bowl of chili and mixed in some cottage cheese. I am not sure if this is a strange combination, but it definitely is a good one.

My feet were really grumpy with me today. I'm not sure if that was because of the 20 minutes on the treadmill or if that's because of how poorly I've been on my diet last month. (Probably a combination) But I do have to say once again I can confirm that I was much better mentally this afternoon compared to the days that I don't take the chance to work out before work. There was still quite a few frustrating moments at work, but today was a lot smoother than yesterday. I did catch myself staring at the beer cooler as I was leaving the store, but I was able to turn away because of the thought of this blog and the financial spreadsheet. Also my roommate is home and I didn't want to try to justify the beer to him. He's never asked me to justify it, and he's doing his own drinking (he's having some personal issues) but I would still feel like I would have to explain myself.

I managed to convince myself to pick up a 12 pack of Kroger Seltzer Water, I am under budget for the day, but I need to work on the habit of buying something when I'm clocking off, both for lunch and for the day. Another thing I need to work on is getting dishes done more often. I really need to stop waiting until every fork I own is dirty before starting to clean the kitchen. I did dishes as the bratwursts baked, but my feet really would have appreciated it if I were able to sit down while dinner cooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Focusing on Finances Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 1, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023