Keto Sobriety Blog Monday September 28, 2026

Weight: 302.6 lbs ( 137.2 kg) BMI: 38.8 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: Smithfield Pork Loin, Queso, Pork Rinds Dinner: Member's Mark Hot Dogs Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Celsius Energy Sober Year 1 (Day 642) Keto Month 7 (Day 211) (254/365 Days 2026 Keto) My ankles and knees were a whole lot happier when I was on vacation. Later in the evening my right knee felt like if I were able to move it right it would make a really nasty pop. Weight has been kind of trickling up the last couple of days. Slightly annoyed that it' was under 300 lbs for one day and then the next several days it moved back up. Not in a concerning amount each day, just in the direction that I didn't want it to move. I was able to get up to make breakfast before work. Got a bit distracted while cooking so the bacon was a little more crispy than I'd prefer. Really trying to think of what to write for the day. I was carryout for most of...

March 8, 21 Going Dry

 

Weight: 361.4 lbs (163.9 kg)

BMI: 46.4

Waist: 59 in (149.8 cm)

WtHR: 80%

Breakfast: x

Lunch: Chili Cheese Fries, Double Cheeseburger

Dinner: Steak, iceberg salad, steamed Brussels sprouts

Soda:

    Mountain Dew Zero 16.9oz: 2

    Sunkist Orange Zero Sugar 16.9oz: 2

    Diet Dr Pepper 16.9oz: 1

    Pepsi Zero 16.9oz: 2

I have not been well lately. I'm going to be honest I've fallen into the trap of alcoholism. For some time I've been picking up a case/pack of beer after work, drink that entire case/pack of beer and then do the same the next day. I was drinking Michelob Ultra, because it said “Low Carb” on the side of the packaging. This led up to $16/per night every night (except for Sunday when you can't buy alcohol). So this stuff has been poisoning me mentally, physically, AND financially.

I haven't yet noticed a physical “need” to have a beer, (although it's only been two or three days since my last beer) but I have noticed a lack of a comfortable warmth that the alcohol used to give. But so far the only struggle is against the habit of going and making a pointless purchase. And fighting against the excuses for running to the store real quick.

I would like to quit drinking soda as well, but let's just stick with one addiction at a time.

I didn't have the most Keto friendly lunch, but I had finally just gotten the dishes done. It seems silly to feel so good about something as mundane as just getting the dishes done. But it did. It's been weeks since I've gotten up and just got the dishes done. Instead of just rinsing out a pan to cook in and rinsing off a fork to eat with. So I finally got the dishes done and then I had to eat lunch. And the idea of cooking something literally as I had just gotten the dishes done was kind of a downer thought. So I went to a local restaurant for lunch. I was actually eating because I was hungry, stomach grumbling, feeling down etc. I'm hearing that the “traditional” three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) is one of the reasons that America has developed our problems with obesity. And people are eating because “It is time to eat” and not because they are actually hungry.

For dinner I had a rather large steak with some Brussels Sprouts and salad. I forgot to write what kind of steak it was when I had frozen it. But it was a really big steak. I did the dishes after dinner. Again this sounds mundane as hell, but this is a habit that I really need to work on.

I tried to get some spring cleaning done today. It was nice to open the windows and turn off the heater. But I really didn't get much done outside of doing the dishes and throwing out some of the older meals that were building up in the freezer. I did clean out the fridge a bit as well, it was frustrating to see the food that had gone bad waiting for me to get around to do another recipe video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025