Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Day Trip to Glass/Gloss Mountain State Park

A while back my mom started a Facebook group to highlight her travels. And I suggested that we visit the closest mountain to where we live here in South Central Kansas. With phones that take decent pictures we headed south when our schedules aligned

It was kind of interesting to see the wind farms in Harper County. Mom has some pretty hard core libertarian views. So when she saw me staring at the windmills we had some interesting conversations. (I personally try to stay neutrally aligned to political parties)


 

We were about twenty minutes out from our destination and we had yet to see any hills greater than what we'd see in most of Kansas. Before we left my roommate (who is a trucker, so he has travel experience) had told me that a trip to Oklahoma would just look like Kansas. And most of our trip did look like the highways between home and going over to Wichita. There were times when the trees and hills would open up and do what I call, "Let your eyes see for a while." The Great Plains are derided for a lack of beauty. I do not share that opinion. When it opens up, the rolling hills below the heavy grey clouds are poetry that cannot be described with words.
But in the distance I did see a something off in the distance.

 
Arriving at our destination
 
  
 
This shirt and I need to have a conversation about that gut

 
 Mom was "really" excited for the possibility of Rattlesnakes (yes, that was sarcasm)

 
 
 
kind of unfortunate that the first step that I made in our southern neighbor looked like something my mothers dog would produce. 
 

but interesting to see the layers of sediment that the ancient seaway left behind.

 

Nature is an artist!


The grey sky, red soil, and green foliage was just breathtaking and there were pretty flowers along the trail up the mountain as well.



Mom seemed to be disappointed that she couldn't make it up the stairs. But I do think that she made the right decision to not continue up the trail that we were on because this is what the end of the trail looked like. The stairs (which I joked that they looked like they were there since the Kaiser was still around <I didn't think to take a picture of the stairs, but they were seriously sus >) ended in a clump of rock which it looked like it was expected for people to just climb over

Mom caught a picture of me slipping on the top of the rock face. Seeing me stumble and "Crawl like a monkey" up the end of the trail scared her too much for me to stay up at the top of the trail for me to explore very much.

I heard her scream, "YOU GET YOUR FUCKING ASS BACK DOWN HERE!" And knowing how much my mom doesn't like to cuss I decided to come back down before I saw very much of the top of the butte. I had the mental image of MAMMA BEAR racing up the side of the mountain with handfulls of rattlesnakes to "save" her baby boy. I did take a moment to look around to look and imagine what the interior seaway would have looked like as it receded 


There was another trail that Mom joked that was more her level

It was nice that there was historical information on this trail.



But we were kind of disappointed that these two trails were all that was there. Unfortunately the GPS had led us to the two shortest trails



We decided that we will have to go back and explore some more. 

 

But first I think I'll have to go without "Scaredy-Mama" So I can see the top of that hill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025