Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Weight: 338.4 lbs (153.5 kg)
BMI: 43.4
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Bratwursts
Dinner: Rib eye
Drinks: Pot of Coffee with cream, 12pk Kroger Seltzer Water Lemon Lime, 12pk Kroger Seltzer Blackberry Citrus
Days Without Beer 2

    Going to try to redouble the efforts to avoid alcohol. You can lie on a blog, or to people you talk to (don't think about it too hard) but you can't lie on/to medical tests and I'm eight days away from the first doctors visit in maybe, 25 years? And some of the medications that I'm anticipating them to prescribe I'm going to guess are not going to react well to beer. Not to mention all of the hundreds of other reasons that I want to quit drinking.

    Woke up this morning with sharp pains in my heals, I'm going to guess that those are due to the fact that I've been walking around the last day or two close to 340 lbs (154.2 kg) and the beer that I had on Saturday

    I was going to help my grandma set up her Christmas lights and nativity scene today, but the snow that we got on Saturday is sticking around. When I saw the forecast I was skeptical that we would get the 4 inches that they were calling for, so I didn't change my plans for today. Well, we didn't get 4 inches (10cm) of snow, we got 9.5 inches (24 cm) of snow. And her yard is going to be all snow and mud today. She did get a chuckle when I called her this morning and said that I wasn't going to come out. Yes, it was fairly obvious, but I didn't want her to worry that I was going to try to set everything up today. I'm off next Monday and Tuesday so I'll try again next week.

    For lunch today I was going to have some of the hamburger patties that I had up in my freezer, but unfortunately I didn't have those in the vacuum freezer bags like I want to have things in so they had all gone bad. So I just had some of the bratwursts that I had in the freezer.

    I told myself that I was planning out what meals I want to plan for the recipe videos for next month. But I really was just kind of scrolling (Pinterest is evil). It is kind of getting hard to find recipes to do that I haven't done yet. And it is kinda frustrating how many people use “Keto” as click-bait I find quite a few interesting looking recipes to click on them to see pasta or rice as one of the first ingredients on their recipe list. I do wonder if a lot of people think that peas or corn is good for the Keto diet, or if they just add the “K word” to the top of the page to get people to click on the page. That is if the thing I click on is an actual recipe not a list of recipes to click on to have other lists of recipes to click on. A lot of pages act like those “How to Keep an Idiot Busy” challenges. “Click Here for 30 Keto Friendly Ground Beef Recipes” and all of the recipe links seem to go back to the top of the page.

    I did get a list of recipes together to do. But I don't have the freezer space to record them all at the same time like I did for October and most of the November recipe videos. And it is better to prerecord videos. But I just don't have the room for all of the food for all of them. (WOW talk about a first world problem.) So I'm just going to have to plan, cook, record, and edit one video each week. I can see this working, it's just going to take more discipline to get up and do this each week. As opposed to just recording them all at once and editing/uploading them whenever convenient

     I did run to the store to pick up some ingredients for tomorrow's recipe video. I did avoid buying any beer or pop. I did pick up some Seltzer Water. I'm not sure if the flavored water is any better than diet soda, but it's got to be a hell of a lot healthier than the beer was. I am sure that I'm going to sleep like a log tonight as the only caffeine that I had today was the coffee this morning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023