Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

Low On Minerals? Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 3, 2023

Weight: 337.4 lbs (153 kg)
BMI: 43.3
Waist: 57.5 in (146.1 cm)
WtHr: 77.7%

Breakfast: 6x Bar-S Smoked Sausages with mustard
Lunch: Ground Beef Zucchini Casserole
Dinner: Baked Chicken
Drinks: Cup of coffee with cream, 1500ml water, 5 Hour Energy shot, Sugar Free Rockstar
Weeks Without Beer 1 (13 Days)

    Feet hurt again today and I'm feeling kind of mentally off. I've been really kind of pissed off the last day or two. I'm not sure what's going on with that. It's not that anybody is doing anything specific, it's just that my “fight or flight” seems to be ramped up. Maybe too many energy drinks? Or maybe it's the smoked sausages. I didn't look at the ingredients, but I'm willing to bet money that they have high fructose corn syrup in them. And I did have Mac and cheese for dinner last night. But that wouldn't explain why I was so irritable yesterday. I hope I'm not snapping at everybody I come across, but I have noticed that I AM TALKING A LOT LOUDER THAN I USUALLY DO. I STILL HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF AT ALMOST EVERYTHING I SAY THOUGH.

    Lunch was pretty good. The zucchini in the casserole felt kind of weird, so I'm not sure if it freezes very well. But the ground beef in it was really good with mustard mixed into it.

    Second half of work coworkers kept telling me that I looked wiped out and just so “done” and it was hard to argue with them. My heels and ankles were just fire all day. And I'm not sure if breaking the diet last night with the Mac and Cheese effects (affects?) mental health. But if I had several more thousand dollars in my banking accounts I am pretty sure I would have walked out. But right now I just don't have the money to just abandon my job.

    This might be a “Google Diagnosis” but I'm seeing that Keto can cause a lowering in Magnesium and Potassium. And deficiency in those minerals can cause anxiety and what's called “hyperexcitability”. I don't think that I'm getting “hyperexcited”, but I haven't been that “calm” over the last several days. I was going to buy some of those minerals the next time I buy groceries, which was going to be in a couple of weeks as I am caught up with the recipe videos and the freezer is already (arguably) overfilled. But when I linked some certain symptoms to certain minerals I thought I'd go ahead and pick up some supplements. I picked up the cheapest versions of those supplements that were on the shelf, I'm sure that there are purists out there screaming at the blog that, “THOSE AREN'T THE RIGHT KIND!”

     Yeah, maybe, but those were the cheapest ones. The potassium is labeled as Potassium Gluconate and the Magnesium just says Magnesium 250mg. They're 100 tablets each, so I'll have those supplements to last until February. I hope those are all of the supplements that I'll need, supplements can get quite expensive. And I'd rather get the vitamins and minerals from the food I eat, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Dinner was some basic baked chicken. Setting up the chicken was when I remembered that I was wanting to buy some pepper as well. Oops. That's why I'm wanting to do all of my shopping in one go. And something that I'm still trying to work on. I'm trying to keep from buying groceries every single day and buying more and more stuff each day. Because you're inevitably going to miss something each day. And while I was getting up and getting the chicken out of the oven my calves and feet were very stiff and sore and that was just from just sitting down for only an hour or so. I used to think that was just because I was walking around for 9 hours or so each day. But maybe it's because I'm low on my minerals because I've only noticed this today and not very much over the last couple of weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023