Keto Sobriety Blog October 2, 2026

Weight: 301.0 lbs ( 136.5 kg) BMI: 38.6 Waist: 51 in ( 128.3 cm) WtHr: 68.9% Breakfast: Bacon Lunch: Bratwursts Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Sober Year 1 (Day 646) Keto Month 7 (Day 215) (258/365 Days 2026 Keto) It is kind of fun to be “frustrated” by a weight of 301 lbs (136 kg) Mom had left with Grandma on their road trip before I got up. I was kind of confused when I looked across the street and saw a red SUV sitting there. I was confused because Mom has a red SUV, and she leaned on the mechanic to get it fixed before her trip. Now I thought it was there sitting next to Grandma's Garage. Mom was wanting to get her SUV fixed because she didn't think that Grandma's car could make the trip. But when I saw a Red SUV sitting across the street I figured that Grandma had talked Mom into taking her car. But when Step-Dad came home later in the afternoon he said that wasn't Mom's SUV it belonged to the lady who went ...

Ups and Downs Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 29, 2023

Weight: 340.8 lbs (154.6 kg)
BMI: 43.4
Waist: 56.5 in (143.5 cm)
WtHr: 76.4%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup
Dinner: Baked Chicken
Drinks: Pot of Coffee with cream, Kroger Energy Shot, 2800ml water,
Days Without Beer 4

I guess yesterday's “eyes open jump out of bed was an anomaly. I had absolutely no “go” this morning. This really was the kind of day where (when?) I was just kind of waiting for the day to end so I could just go home. I keep coming back to the idea that I need to get a “Grown Up Job” I just can't but wonder if I ruined everything by staying at the store for so long. People tell me that I have a good work history because I worked at one place for over 20 years. But now I'm 37 years old with no education, other experiences outside of working at a grocery store. I've been told that it's never too late to go back to school and get an education etc. But I barely have the money or mental energy to work at what I'm doing. IDK maybe it's just a matter of having “Up” days and “Down” days.

I am proud that I avoided spending any money today. It seems like a simple thing to boast about. But working at a grocery store surrounded by the things that I have addictions to. Seems dramatic, but the other day when I was getting the stuff to get the recipe video that I was wanting to be working on it took just as much self control to avoid the Mac and Cheese as it did to avoid the Beer Cooler. Today as I was leaving for lunch I walked out of the store and thought, “Should I buy an energy drink?” But the counter thought to that was I have water at home. I did think about buying some more Seltzer Water on the way home this evening, but I'm thinking that the amount of Seltzer that I drank yesterday was one of the reasons that I'm weighing more today than I did yesterday. I don't think that anything in the seltzer is making me gain weight, I just think I tried to drink too much at one time so it was more about the volume than the ingredients.

And yes, happiness isn't a number on the scale, but it did hurt to see the weight 2.8 lbs higher today than it was yesterday. I'm just trying to remind myself that the daily fluctuations are normal.

Yeah, short post, but I can't think of anything else to say.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Keto Sobriety Blog Saturday December 27, 2025

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025