Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

“Demonic Rice Krispies” Daily Blog January 12, 2023

Weight: 337.4 lbs ( 153 kg)
BMI: 43.3
Waist: 55 in ( 139.7 cm)
WtHr: 74.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Lunch: Fathead Lasagna
Dinner: Kroger Cheddar Bratwursts
Drinks: 2x Sparkling water

    I noticed last night that the “Demonic Rice Krispies” are back. Shoulders, back, elbows, knees, and especially the ankles are popping and crackling like crazy. There's not any pain in any of my joints, so I don't think there's anything wrong with my joints. This happens when I'm doing good on my Keto diet. Last time I noticed this was back in October of 2020! I had mentioned the effect in a half written blog post that I didn't upload. A recent live stream that Doctor Ken Berry made someone asked him about cracking knees, and he played it off as something that just happens when you get into your 30's; I am 36 years old but I really don't have the popping and cracking nearly as much when I'm not doing my diet. Doc Berry said if there wasn't any pain in the joints there really isn't much to worry about; it's just a part of getting older. I'm going to speculate that the crackling is depressurization of joints due to weight loss. Keto is also known for the loss of water weight, so maybe I'm losing water from my joints? But looking it up “water in joints” seems to be arthritis, and it'd kind of suck to have arthritis already in my mid 30's

    Didn't have time this morning to make coffee, but did have time to get some eggs and bacon and got some of the bills payed. I really do want all of the bills paid at the beginning of the month, but I just haven't had the financial strength to do that lately. Heading off to work, I'm once again in an amazing mood. We'll see what work does with that amazing mood.

    Did have a frustration at work, but decided to put that into the “To do” list to make a store story out of it. But so far everybody showed up for work. It was kind of interesting to come home from work without buying anything for lunch. There was kind of a strange frustration, I was in a almost hyper state. But I was struggling a bit with everybody else. I'd tell someone to do something, and...they'd...almost...seem...to...react...at...a...quarter...speed. But that might have just been the people that I work with.

    I thought about picking up a bunch of Bratwursts after work, just to have some variety between the chicken. When I stalk up on bratwursts I pick up one of each flavor (technically one flavor is just Italian Sausage) but DANG those have gone up. It wasn't that long ago those would have been three or four dollars per pack. But now they're $5.99 for a single pack of bratwursts! This makes them considerably more expensive than even regular ground beef! I was under the impression that bratwursts were supposed to be (more or less) cheep, sure more expensive than hot dogs, but they're just some pork sausages. I decided to just buy one pack of brats just because I was already pumped up to buy some, but I'm kind of bummed out that I wasn't able to get socked up on anything other than chicken.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023