Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

No Beer Challenge Day 1 Daily Keto Blog Oct 22, 2023

Weight: 348.2lbs (157.9 kg)
BMI: 44.7
Waist: 57.5 in (146.0 cm)
WtHr: 77.7%

Breakfast: Sausage patties and eggs
Lunch: Instant Pot Chili with cheese and sour cream
Dinner: Bratwursts with G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce, mustard, and Ranch Dressing for dipping
Drinks: Pot of coffee with cream, Kroger Energy shot, ~16oz water, 2L Big K Caffeine Free Diet Cola
Days Without Beer: 1

     Quite proud of myself that I was able to wake up so early today. Today was the first day back to work from last weeks PTO and I was wanting to wake up early enough to get the Weekly Weigh In done before work. And I was frustrated all of last week as I woke up after 10am almost every day last week. I know that PTO is supposed to be time off to sit down, but it was frustrating that it was almost noon by the time I got up and going to do anything. But today I was up at the first alarm and up and going by the third. I was in an amazing mood...

until I stood on the scale for the weigh in. That hurt.

     Well, my left foot hurt because I had a hard step last night before going to bed. Yesterday the high temperature was close to 90 degrees (~32 C) and I had the windows open yesterday and as I was going to go to bed I remembered that all of the windows were open and my house still needed some fresh air; and it wasn't going to get all that cool over night, so I needed to check to make sure that the heater wasn't still on. And on my way downstairs I missed the last two steps and made a pretty hard stomp at the base of the stairs. My left foot has been pretty cranky all day. I'm praying that I just bruised something, and I'm thinking that if something was seriously damaged it I wouldn't be able to stand on it. I have a feeling that if I had a doctor look at it they'd suggest I stay off of my feet for a while, which would be difficult concerning what I do for a living. I have a 1 litter bottle of water that I have recycled into an ice pack for my feet, and I do have to say it felt really nice on my feet this evening.

     But for the other pain. It really hurt that when I weighed in the scale showed that I was up 5.8 pounds compared to yesterday (2.6 kg) and 2.2 pounds (1 kg) compared to last week. I know that as I was on vacation last week so I burned significantly fewer calories than I would on a normal week, so being up today compared to last week's weigh in makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the increase is purely do to the comparison of today vs yesterday and not over the course of the week. I did have Tex-Mex mac and cheese for a late lunch yesterday and cheesy Ramen for dinner. But I doubt that I ate 6 pounds of food yesterday.

     Something else that is kind of frustrating is that I woke up before dawn (about 6:30am) didn't have to work until 11am, but was still almost running out of the door to try to make it to work on time. There's no reason that a weekly weigh in should take three and a half hours to make. Maybe it was because I was so bummed out from the two weeks in a row that had a weight increase, or because I'm just not used to being awake that early, or maybe because I've been off for a week and was just still in vacation mode.

Plenty to whine about when it comes to work, but that's for Store Stories. And this is getting long anyway.

    I did avoid buying anything for lunch, but that only might be because it was busy. I was going to pick up a can of energy drink or something to drink with lunch, but I was going to lunch just as the Chief's game was about to start, so yeah, it got busy. So I just had some water with lunch, which is something that I need to do more often. 

     Counting today day one of no beer. I debated on wither or not to count it because not buying beer on Sunday isn't a choice. But eff-it, Day 1. The real question will tomorrow be Day 2? This is hardly the first time I've started a blog of quitting something just to fall off before even really starting.

     Something else interesting that I'm noticing is that I am getting really tired quite a bit earlier than I normally do. Sure I don't usually have, "bounce off of the walls" kind of energy, but I barely had the energy to eat dinner. And I'm drifting off as I'm writing this out. It might be because of how early I woke up, or the lack of energy drinks this afternoon. But I'm rarely this tired after work, even on the first day back from PTO. And it is very rare of me to go to bed around 11pm, but that might be bedtime for me tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023