Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

Insomnia Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog October 24, 2023

Weight: 342.4lbs (155.3 kg)
BMI: 44
Waist: 57.5 in (146 cm)
WtHr: 77.7%

Breakfast: X
Lunch: Egg Stuff
Dinner: Cheesy Ground Beef Casserole
Drinks: Rockstar Sugar Free Zero Sugar, Pot of Coffee with cream,
Canned Soda:
                    Diet Dr Pepper: 4

                    Diet Mt Dew: 4
                    Diet Pepsi: 5
                    Pepsi Zero: 4
                    Days Without Beer:3

    Apparently alcohol withdraw includes insomnia. I'm not sure if that is effecting me though, according to my smartwatch I did get a whole hour and a half of sleep. /sarcasm I was doing a pretty good imitation of a fish on the wrong end of a taser all night long. 

    At first I was thinking that it might have been the four cans of caffeinated soda that I had with dinner last night that I drank pretty much right before bed. I did go to bed fairly early (for me) because I was just so tired. But as soon as I laid down I was wired for sound. Had plenty of time to do some research overnight and apparently alcoholic recovery insomnia could last as short as a few days to...years. So, that is fantastic. (Not exactly the word starting with “F” that I want to use, but my mother reads these.) 

    I was also really hot and sweaty all night long. I'm thinking that might be because of how hot it got yesterday. Seriously it was close to 90 again yesterday. And when I went to bed the thermostat said that it was about 80 in my house but I think it only said that because it is a mechanical thermostat and that's as high as the needle goes. I didn't want to turn on the air conditioner because I have my electricity bill on the average pay plan so having the AC on in October not only raises my bill for the month but for the rest of the next 12-13 months. And I think being sweaty is another part of the detox process. I will be glad when it gets cold enough to take care of these damned flies though.

    This blog is scaring the hell out of my mom. Well, I'm sure that it isn't the blog itself, but what I'm revealing on here. And she's offering some (IMO) serious suggestions. I'm not going to go into details here in respect to her, but I'm not sure if I want to rush into decisions on those suggestions. But she did beg me to find a doctor and I agree I do need to find a doctor. I'm too tired to do it today, but I did find a local clinic that seems to have a way to contact them through email. I really don't like talking on the phone.

    It was still hotter than snot in my home this afternoon. I even checked the thermostat several times to make sure the heater wasn't on. I thought it might be a part of the detox process to be feeling hotter than it really was, but the thermostat is still reading that it was in the upper 70's, I should be glad that my home is so insulated that it could be almost 15 degrees warmer inside than outside, but I had to open up the windows and turn on fans. I think it might be so warm in the house because I cooked up a couple of recipe videos and those were baked at close to 400 degrees each. I'm excited that I got three of the four recipes recorded for November. (Two of them recorded today) Now for the editing. I was going to do quite a bit of editing on quite a few videos but the lack of sleep really slowed me down today.

    And I do admit that I drank a lot of soda today, I don't plan on drinking that much on a daily basis, and hey at least it wasn't beer, right?...Right?

I have 3 challenges of declining Difficulty/Priority for tomorrow: 

1. Get the balls to email the clinic to try to get a hold of a doctor for an appointment. I'm sure that challenge is just built up in my head. But it is something that I've never done before. It isn't an exaggeration that my last doctor was a pediatrician.  I have more PTO the week after next, hopefully they'll have a spot open so I could get in on an appointment

2. Try to avoid spending money for a full day. That really doesn't sound like much of a challenge with how much food I have in the fridge and the freezer, but that's a habit that I have that I need to break. Not only with buying beer, but with buying more food when I have food already.

 3. Get a couple of videos edited and uploaded. This also seems to be a concern for my mom, so I'm placing that lowest on the list of priories.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023