Keto Sobriety Blog Friday July 31, 2026
Weight: 304.1 lbs ( 137.9 kg)
BMI: 39.0
Waist:
52 in ( 132.1 cm)
WtHr: 70.3%
Breakfast:
Bacon and Eggs
Lunch:
Pork Steak, Queso, Pork Rinds
Dinner: Member's Mark Hot
Dogs
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster,
Sparkling Water,
Sober Year 1 (Day 588)
Keto Month 4 (Day 149)
(199/365 Days 2026 Keto)
I worked 10am to8 pm today so I didn't have much time to do anything before work. I woke up two hours before I had to be there, but I just couldn't build momentum to do anything. I did have breakfast this morning. When I did leave for work I was running just barely enough time to get in.
I was a carryout for the first chunk of the day and then in the desk for another good chunk of the day. Today was the last Friday of the month and it also happened to be the last day of the month so a lot of people were running into the store to use up their monthly benefits before they reset for the month (I'm assuming that's how that works) I did kind of get into an argument with a lady. Each week she comes in and uses a card her insurance gives her for “healthy food” that doesn't cover everything, then she tries to use a Food Stamp card to cover the rest. But the Food Stamp card has to be ran first. And every week she comes in and gets upset that her Food Stamp card won't work because she had already ran her Insurance Card. The Cashier didn't know what was going on, and The Supervisor was getting overwhelmed because she didn't understand what was going on. So I came over and explained that we had to do a partial payment on her food stamp card and then run her insurance card. Then she got upset because it was all food. Yes, it was all food, but unlike Food Stamps the Insurance card only covers “healthy food” note the quotation marks because it is pretty random what is and isn't considered “healthy” on that card. Sometimes it'll cover Ice Cream, sometimes it will cover soda. But then somebody would try to buy canned beans and it won't be covered. The guy she was with rolled his eyes and just payed the rest of the total with his credit card.
Lunch today was the pork steak that I grilled last night. It was fascinating how the flavor differed today from the usual way I bake it. Not better or worse, just different. I did pick up some pork rinds and queso to go with. The additional food wasn't necessary
The second half of the day I was in the desk for a while and as it was the end of the month a lot of people were paying bills and buying money orders and the like. It was kind of annoying when people would ask for a money order I would have to ask several times how much they wanted a money order for. One guy insisted that he wanted one for the, “entire amount”
On a register for a while as well the frustration there was that EVERYBODY WAS YELLING, THEY WEREN'T UPSET THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO YELL OVER EVERYBODY ELSE. A lady tried to ask me questions about the digital coupons, but the lady behind her in line was shouting and laughing and screaming with the supervisor so I was completely drowned out by the sound around me. The lady asking questions eventually got annoyed telling me that I didn't have to yell at her, she was just asking questions.
I had some overtime. I was able to get out early enough to get right at 40 hours. I did think that I should have just worked the overtime as I was scheduled the overtime. But I wanted to avoid the lecture.
Had hot dogs for dinner.
Comments
Post a Comment