Keto Sobriety Blog Thursday July 30, 2026

Weight: 305.1 lbs ( 138.4 kg)
BMI: 39.2
Waist: 52 in ( 132.1 cm)
WtHr: 70.3%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Pork Steak, Cottage Cheese
Dinner: Cheeseburger Patties
Drinks: Salted Coffee, Monster, Sparkling Water, Red Bull, Celsius Energy

Sober Year 1 (Day 587)
Keto Month 4 (Day 148) (198/365 Days 2026 Keto)

I didn't get a chance to get yesterdays post done as although I did get off earlier than I normally do I spent the evening trying to beat the “Dead Money” DLC for Fallout New Vegas. I have to say that has a really unsatisfying ending. The story is that a guy is trying to use you to break into a casino vault so he can use the technology left behind from before the apocalyptic nuclear war that happened in that game's timeline. And there is a way to lock him in the vault and steal all of the gold in the vault. But it takes some finesse as if you're carrying all of the gold your character is “overburdened” and can't walk very fast. So I spent all evening trying to sneak away in a way the guy didn't trigger the security and lock down the place. Eventually I got tired of it and just took the amount of gold that my character could carry and still run. I figured that I wasn't doing an achievement run right now for the game anyway. But after sealing the vault I still got the achievement as the achievement wasn't to steal the gold, it was to lock the guy into the vault. The unsatisfying thing was there wasn't any kind of story wrap up. After I triggered the elevator to bring the character back out of the vault it just spawned me in the village square and I had to find the gate back to The Mojave Wasteland where the main game is set. There was a kind of slideshow talking about how some of the characters went on their way, but it wasn't very satisfying. Hopefully the other DLC add-on's have more satisfying stories.

I woke up a little annoyed at the scale as the weight is drifting a little back upwards. I am reminding myself that I'm still down 16.4 lbs (7.4 kg) for the year so far and the monthly average is still going down each month.

I did decide to have breakfast this morning. I just feel better with breakfast. Although I did lose track of time a bit while eating and I had to run out of the house as to not be late for work. I did remember to take lunch with me unlike yesterday. Lunch today was a pork steak that I cooked last night I used the regular oven as the interior parts of the air fryer were in the dishwasher. 

I turned off the fridge with the freezer in the garage where I keep the meat that I keep for lunch as the fridge wasn't getting cold again. It keeps freezing over as I keep too much in it. I am currently trying to work my way through that meat as I really need to get that level down. I did remember to turn it back on after work and the bag of ice was still frozen in the freezer so hopefully that's a sign that everything in the freezer is staying good and a day of Kansas July Heat thawed out the vents of the fridge. I just need to get the meat out of that freezer so I stop over filling it. 

I got out of the house a bit late this morning. Not late to work, but a bit of a squeeze to stop by the gas station on the way to work as the “Low Fuel” notification had came on. I was going to get gas last week, but I was too eager to get money transferred I forgot gas. On the way to work a train came through. I had the brilliant idea, as it was going south, to go north to try to mitigate the wait a bit. But I forgot that part of town really doesn't seem to like the grid pattern of the rest of the town. So going to work I'm going West, however to try to “beat” the train I found myself going north and east a lot. And when I got to another crossing to get back to heading the direction that I wanted to go there was a line of traffic backed up because of the train. I'm pretty sure it would have been faster to just wait for the train at 4th instead of going up to 11th like I did as I had to wait for traffic, and then go back south again to get back to where I was going.

That seemed to be the pattern of the day. Every time I was going somewhere or trying to do something somebody was in my way. I just seem to get a clear path to anything that I wanted to do. Mom's Dog Linda has a talent for that and today she was everybody's spirit animal. 

 After work I grilled some cheeseburger patties for myself and Mom. I also grilled a pork steak for lunch tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keto Sobriety Blog Monday April 6, 2026

Sobriety Blog Thursday January 1, 2026

Happy New Year Keto Sobriety Blog Wednesday December 31, 2025