Getting Back to It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog September 23, 2024

Weight: 347.0 lbs ( 157.4 kg) BMI: 44.5 Waist: 56in (142.2 cm) WtHr: 75.7% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs, Monster Zero Ultra Lunch: AI Chicken Soup , Monster Zero Ultra Dinner: 11oz Bone in Strip Steak Drinks: Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange Sober Day 2 YMCA: No Absolute negative mood, sore ankles, and swollen knees are telling me that I'm really needing to get back to my diet. I usually do the restart on Sundays, but I was so late on getting the Weekly Weigh in done that I really didn't have time to make a post. And I'm pretty sure that I would have just repeated what I said in the video along with making a “Mark Whines About Work” post. So a mix of “Warning Redundancy Alert” mixed with “Waah-waah people at work irritating me.”Although I did have another addition to Store Stories this evening.  Also the “waiting for Sunday to restart the blog” is something that I need to stop doing. If I fall off of the habit I just need to start back up again. Too many times I&

Need to Get Into It Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog January 22, 2024

Weight: 342.4 lbs (155.3 kg)
BMI: 43.9
Waist: 56 in (142.2 cm)
WtHr: 75.7%

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Lunch: Johnsonville Jalapeno and Cheddar Smoked Sausages
Dinner: Chuck “Steak”
Drinks: Pot of Coffee with cream, Kroger Energy Shot, Sugar Free Rockstar Silver Ice
Sober Day 4

I have been slipping on this. And the days have been kind of mushing together again. My left foot really has not been happy. I know that I haven't been very good on my diet, but the shoes that I have now I have had for several months now and I think I'm due for a new pair.

 Everyday when I wake up I tell myself, “Today, TODAY is the day that I'm going to get back onto the diet and plans” and then I start the day, and then, “well maybe tomorrow will be the day that I get back to it.” And then yesterday Mom shared a message saying that one of my cousins is in the hospital with Diabetic Ketoacidosis. This kinda tells me that I really need to get back into the diet. Cousin has had diabetes for a while now. When I was closer to her I got the impression that she really didn't take care of herself. I don't have diabetes, yet, but last December when I had my labs checked my A1C was higher than the doctor liked, (5.3) it wasn't in the “Prediabetic” range. But still something that I'm going to have to take seriously. I kind of feel guilty that I'm using her emergency as a wake up call for myself. They say that it is smart to learn from your mistakes, but it is wise to learn from the mistakes of others. But I feel guilty that my cousin is in medically induced coma, but all day long my thoughts are of myself and how poorly I've been doing on my diet.

The skin on my hands are dry as hell, which is strange because it was foggy all day. But it was a very cold fog so I wonder if the coldness was pulling the moisture from everywhere else. Putting lotion on my hands did make them burn for a while so I was starting to get nervous because it was an older container of lotion and when I put the lotion on my hands turned a heavy red and started burning. But they eventually calmed down. The back of my hands are still red as hell and still quite warm. I'm going to buy a new container of lotion tomorrow. I probably shouldn't be using a container of lotion that says it expired back in October. 

I had to use the restroom a surprisingly lot today. I had chicken Alfredo last night for dinner so it's not like I'm already back into Ketosis. But last night was the first time in quite some time that I had a plate of pasta. (When I say plate of pasta I'm not exaggerating, I make about half of the box) so perhaps when I ate dinner last night I retained water? A quick Google search does say that a diet high in gluten can irritate the bladder. I was going to have the other half of the box of pasta tonight with a jar of sauce that I picked up the other night. But with the news about my cousin I decided to return the jar of sauce. I didn't return the box of pasta because I ate half of it and it wasn't like there was anything wrong with the pasta itself so I had just threw that out. I kind of irritated the Customer Service Manager because I was returning the sauce “before work” unfortunately the “before work” line was making me do the return as I was supposed to be clocking in. I wasn't “Late” Late because there is a five minute grace period that you can clock in without ramifications, but she was paging me up front and I got a pretty good glare when I got back to the front end.

Had the Jonsonville Jalapeno Cheddar Smoked sausages for lunch. Not exactly the plan for what I've been wanting to do for lunch. But still “Keto” I really do want to be making a meal plan and sticking to that plan. Dr Berry says that if you need to Hot Dogs are good enough to have for a low carb meal. But that was dropping another $7 on lunch when I have a freezer full of food. I'm not hurting as much as I have been on money. But it's still frustrating to buy food when I have a fridge/freezer full of food that I have already paid for. 

Later in the evening I gave a pretty good prank to the guy working in the meat department. The Pork Butts are on sale this week and when they are on sale I like to have them cut into steaks. And it was about a quarter to eight O'clock at night when I was getting bored and wondering around I saw the guy coming out of the backroom and asked him if I could have him cut one of the pork butts into steaks for me. And I got a pretty good chuckle out of the horrified face that he gave me. It took a bit of reassuring to convince him that I was just teasing. Needless to say that it would be quite impolite to expect him to cut up a pork butt that late at night. He'd have to redo quite a bit of cleaning just because some jackass decided to wait until a quarter til 8 at night to do their shopping. Sure he could "technically" do this for a customer, but that customer would be a real asshole. I do plan on buying a pork butt tomorrow, but a bit earlier so they wouldn't have to re-clean their entire department right before they're about to go home. 

I did think about going to the YMCA tomorrow to finally get started there. But I think I'll be spending most of Tuesday working on recipe videos. I did sign up on the first and the first payment did go though this week. And I have yet to go over there to get set up. I seem to have a bad habit of paying for benefits and never getting around to taking advantage of them. Tuesday seems like it's not going to happen. So I'll try for Wednesday. 

For dinner I had picked up what the package called a "Chuck Steak" I had picked up that "Steak" because I'm wanting to eat more steaks for dinner. And this "steak" was cheaper than most of the Rib-eyes on the meat wall. But when I got home that "steak" was more like a small roast. And what I mean by a "Small Roast" was small for a roast. I did end up eating it all, but I probably shouldn't have eaten that entire thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023