Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Lazy Day Keto/Sobriety Blog January 24, 2024

Weight: 336.2 lbs (152.5 kg)
BMI: 43.2
Waist: 55.5 in (141 cm)
WtHr: 75%

Breakfast: Bratwursts
Lunch: Pork Steaks
Dinner: 3x Burger Patties with Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese slices
Drinks: 4x Pepsi Zero, 4x Pepsi Cherry Zero, 4x Dr Pepper Zero, 4x Dt Mt Dew
Sober Day 6

Having a hard time getting up and going. I'm not a fan of the term, “Keto Flu” I mean the alliteration of “Keto Cold” fits so much better. This might be TMI but I struggled with the craps today. Knees and back are popping and cracking like crazy also. I do wonder if this is because of a lowering of pressure on the joints or some other result of lowering carbs

The last day or two have had rather impressive drop in weight. Not sure if that is due to the “magic” of the keto diet, or just because I'm not eating the rather ridiculous amount of food that I eat when I'm not doing my diet.

Had a late breakfast as I woke up a bit late. I normally have bacon and eggs, but I just decided to have something different today. And since the bratwursts were already thawed out I decided to grill them up.

All day long my mind keeps coming up with different things that I want/need/should be working on or doing. And body and brain just kind of go, “Yeah, those would be good things to be doing.” and I just kind of sit here.

The bad thing is that I didn't get to the YMCA or get the video that I recorded yesterday edited. The good thing is that I did have a rather restful day and I did watch quite a few carnivore and Keto related documentaries. I did watch a few dinosaur documentaries as well. I did come across the thought of the question as to if paleontologists start with biology and move to geology, or do they start with geology and move to biology?

Had a really large lunch. Pork Butt was on sale last week and on Tuesday I had bought one and had it cut into stakes when I got home I had set up a couple of steaks in a bag with some of the AI marinade. I had grilled them this afternoon. It is interesting that I had a hard time eating the two steaks. There was a time when I would eat two pork steaks and then the same day I would be able to eat an entire day bag of chips. But today I had the two steaks and I was almost sick the rest of the afternoon. Dr Berry says only eat until you're “comfortably full” but I have a hard time leaving anything on my plate. I probably should have left the second steak for dinner.

I did manage to get a meal plan together for the week. Now the challenge is to stick to it. This is the hard part. I keep coming up with the meal plan but I have yet to get into the habit of eating the food that I have already bought. This might be a corny thought, but planning out the meals gives me a ray of hope. “Oh, I'm going to do this! And then I'm going to do that!” Etc. And then it's after midnight when I got into the stride of writing my “daily” blog. I keep trying to get to bed earlier. But I just can't seem to

Dinner was some hamburger patties that I put on the George Foreman Grill. I don't use that grill as often I probably should. I had a hard time getting the patties apart. I had repackaged them to have three patties per bag, but I forgot to put some parchment or anything between the patties so they had frozen together. A while back Mom gave me a package of patties and told me to just bang the package against the counter top to break them apart. But I think that would work better on the bigger package. I ended having to use a knife to pry the patties apart. I kept thinking that I was glad I didn't slice my either of my hands wide open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023