Keto/Sobriety Blog October 1, 2024

Weight: 346.8 lbs ( 157.6 kg)
BMI: 44.6
Waist: 57in (144.8 cm)
WtHr: 77%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: Bar-S Hot Dogs
Dinner: Bratwursts
Drinks: Pot of Coffee (1 t-spoon salt) Kroger Seltzer, Kroger Energy Shot, Powerade Zero Orange
Sober Day 3

Had a hard time falling asleep last night. Not really uncomfortable, just couldn't fall asleep.

There was a bit of confusion this morning at the clinic when I arrived. I had an email saying that I had an appointment for a Venipuncture. But when I got there they didn't have any thing showing that I was going to show up, but there was a gap in the schedule. And my main labs aren't due until December. They did what I think they called a CBM. The only thing that I can think of was that when I called the Wichita branch to say I couldn't come in because of work they canceled both of the appointments. After they drew the blood I was given a total. I was a bit shocked to hear that they wanted $15 for an appointment that I didn't know I had and they didn't know they had. They just charged my medical credit card. (forgot the term for it. HSA?) I kinda wanted to ask if that's how they made their money. “Oh, surprise! You have an appointment, that'll be $15 please.” what would they have done if I didn't have that card? Give me the blood back? Are we talking re-injected? Chug-a-lug? Maybe I'd have a bad-ass pendant? I'm giving them a hard time, as this appointment was somehow in my Google Calendar, but I was under the impression that all of the lab work was covered by the membership to their clinic. My last visit was back in April. And the last six months have somehow felt way too long, but somehow way too short. So it is possible that I had agreed to another medical test. Is that just a part of aging? Are we just living in a crazy timeline? I did reschedule the DEXA scan for next week. And they did say that the scan was a part of the subscription plan. 

Now for the “Mark Whines About Work” part, today was INSANELY busy. I don't usually work on Tuesdays, I don't know if this was how busy it is normally on a Tuesday. I teasingly asked a manager if I had missed a holiday or something. She just shrugged it off as it was the beginning of the month, the beginning of the month is always busy. I would like to know if “it's always busy at the beginning of the month” why couldn't they give us more cashier hours to have more registers open. I asked the CSM and her backup (the people who do the schedule for the front end) why I was scheduled on the only day that I ask off for the week. Of course neither of them knew how I was scheduled for a day that I was unavailable for -_- They both had reassured me that I will be off next Tuesday for when I'm going to be in Wichita for the other appointment. 

Just before work I got an email from the YMCA saying that they're raising the subscription rates. Reminding me that I haven't visiting the Y regulatory for about six months. Kind of makes me wonder why I'm bothering to pay for it. I've seen quite a few sources saying that 80% of weight loss "happens in the kitchen" so if I'm not even getting the meal plan going, why bother paying for the gym that I'm not going to? For a while I've been thinking about "canceling" my subscription to the YMCA, and then signing up for the "yearly" payment plan at the beginning of the year. It would make it easier to budget for each month.

As I normally don't usually work on Tuesdays I usually do my grocery shopping on Tuesdays. I thought I'd pick up the stuff for a couple of recipes. Not for recipe videos, just something to fill out the meal plan. The idea was that I was going to get a couple of recipes for the slow cooker, run home to load up the slow cooker and have one of the recipes done by the time I get home from work. But more “Mark Whines About Work” There was only one register open and I didn't have very much so I just went to self checkout and I was writing a check so the payment would go through on Thursday when I got paid. But gathering the ingredients and getting the attention of the lady running the self checkout to process my check took so long by the time I got home for lunch I barely had time to scarf down a pack of hot dogs. Much less getting a slow cooker recipe assembled. I'm going to see if I can get something set up before work. Neither of them seem to be good for the full nine hours that I'll be at work. But if I set them on high, they should be good by lunchtime. 

After lunch and between rushes I did buy a Powerade Zero and had a Kroger energy shot from a 6 pack that I had bought earlier this week. My ankles were screaming at me and I just couldn't shake the habit of having something to drink. But looking it up just now, it doesn't look like drinking powerade too often is very great for you. Even if it is the "Zero" kind. 

I did stare at the beer cooler after I got off of work. But the idea of doing the labs again in December and the next appointment turned me away. 

I was going to watch the VP debate this evening. But God, I'm just so very tired of politics. I'm glad that there's only a little more than a month until the election, but even then I'm getting the feeling that even after the election they just won't stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023