Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog June 21, 2024

Weight: 327.6 lbs (147.7 kg) BMI: 42.1 Waist: 54.5 in (138.4 cm) WtHr: 73.6% Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Lunch: 4x Bar-S Jumbo Jumbos Dinner: Queso Soup Drinks: Kroger Seltzer Original, Pot of Coffee Black, 12oz Sugar Free Monster Energy, Powerade Zero Orange, 2x Kroger Energy Shot, Couple cups of water Sober Day 6 It's kind of creepy to weigh the exact same as the day before. Was able to take inventory before work and got a meal plan together. The “Dinner” list looks kind of funny because it's just Rib-eyes over and over. But I didn't have room in my freezer for all of them. Didn't have time to defrost the freezer and wow there was a lot of ice built up. I'll try to defrost it after work. Noticed that I was out of Chili. I don't usually run out of chili, I usually have some variety of chili. Sometimes multiple varieties. I'm going to have to fix that but then again I might want to wait until the freezer is a little less full. I was almost late for work

Trying To Start Again "Daily" Blog August 5, 2023

Weight: 339.8 lbs ( 154.1 kg)
BMI: 43.6
Waist: 58 in ( 147.3 cm)
WtHr: 78.4%

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs
Lunch: X
Dinner: Rack of Pork Loin Ribs, Kroger Stadium Style Mild Cheese Dip
Drinks: Pot of Coffee with cream, ~1892ml water, 24 pk Michelob Ultra

     Wow, I have not been up on this for far too long. I've been doing the daily weigh in and tracking that on (probably way too many) spreadsheets, but I just haven't been doing pretty much anything else. Not really sure why I stopped doing anything. I didn't WANT to stop doing stuff. I just kept telling myself, “I wasn't very 'Keto' today, I'll just do it tomorrow”. The beer wasn't helping in that area at all. The last several months the large cans of Natural ICE beer have been on sale for $0.99 per can. (It's not a good beer it's just cheep) And I have been taking advantage of this sale. And I have been drinking much more beer than that. As when the store is sold out of the Natural ICE beer I'd pick up other cases of beer. I know that alcohol is a poison, particularly a mental poison, but I am afraid that I am mentally addicted to the calming effect that it provides. Someone I work with is insistent that she HAS to go to her AA meetings. But the way she describes these meetings sounds horrifying to me personally. That's kind of ironic when I'm spilling my guts here on this blog. But at least I'm not doing it on a stage in front of others, like she describes it.

     I have been (more or less) getting back to the Keto diet over the last couple of days. I know that you can't “more or less” Keto. But I must be doing something right, I've been peeing like a horse every couple of minutes and I have been experiencing an increase in mental clarity and energy. And I'm pretty sure that those are indications that you're getting back into the Ketogenic state. I've been eating hot dogs, cottage cheese, and Powerade Zero for lunch over the last couple of days and I think that is starting to get me back on track.

     Had a hard time getting going this morning. The plan for today was to wake up early (for me) and get a recipe list together and get the grocery list for a Pick Up order at the store. My store has a service where you can make a list and someone will shop the list and bring it out to your car. But this morning was a bit cooler than it had been recently and it was kind of dark and cloudy so it was nice to just kind of lay there as I didn't have to go to work today.

     So when I did get up and going I told myself that the kitchen and the rest of the house was NOT in a condition where I wanted to make any recipe video. So I made a recipe list and made a Pick Up order of the ingredients for the recipes that I wanted to make the house was not in the condition that I wanted to be in for making a recipe video. So I thought I'd spend the day cleaning the house in preparation for those videos. But there were some sausages that I had a digital coupon for that were not listed for sale on the on-line order so I went into the store to buy those sausages. But when I went into the store to buy those sausages, unfortunately I fell to the temptation of picking up some more of the beer that I want to be avoiding. But tomorrow is Sunday so I am unable to buy any alcohol on Sunday so hopefully I can use that as the start for a new habit of not buying beer on the way home from work. Particularly because if I have enough recipes cooked up for the week I can leave my debit card at home

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Fast on the Patio Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog December 8, 2023

Very First World Problems Daily Keto/Sobriety Blog November 27, 2023

Day Before Thanksgiving Daily Keto/Sobritey Blog November 22, 2023